The Old Timers' Notice Board

Edric O

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup, I was part of the Landsraad at some point. And yes, the members from back then can still visit the original boards on the Gameheaven forum.

Yes, there was a negative vibe from non members around the Landsraad, how ever, I'd rather remember the positive ones. It wasn't all bad the Landsraad did. At the time when Generals came out (yes, the original), we held a E:BFD contest out of name of the Landsraad. Members of the Landsraard were not allowed to participate. The prize was a copy of C&C Generals. After having agreed with EA to provide us a copy for the contest, I ended up paying for it and shipping it myself. I can't exactly remember the name of the person who won, but he came from Estonia or close by. Ahh those good 'ol times....

Hey Nyar! I miss the old days on these boards when I too was a Landsraad member. I just swung by the www.gameheaven.nl/forum and perused the old Landsraad board. That sure brought back some fun memories ;). I am glad to see both dune2k and Gameheaven still running after all these years. I take special pride in being part of starting Gameheaven with Doc, Gryphon, and Timenn. Who would think a game like Emperor Battle for Dune would bring together so many cool technical people like ourselves :)

Man I want to install Battlefield 1942 now and find a teamspeak server :D

What's keepping you from doing so ;-)

My wife and kids have taken over my gaming PC or I would. The laptop I use has a crappy video card in it. It's not meant for gaming. When I do play games now it's more on the Wii or XBox 360. 

Doc and EdricO (you where a member right?) are still here, think that NaMp still visits from time to time if his wife let's him to. Same for Timenn. Haven't seen Order45, Number6 lately though.

I have been an member of the Landsraad myself. After they have been closed here the whole board got resurrected at GameHeaven where they can still be viewed by Landsraad members.

you're just jealous that you don't have my undivided attention anymore.

When I do play games now it's more on the Wii or XBox 360.

I haven't played a serious game on my PC (or Mac) in ages. It has been 360 for me the last 3 years.

you're just jealous that you don't have my undivided attention anymore.

I am not even gonna dignify that with a proper response...

and yes Timenn...it's the sex...he keeps comming back for more!

You just keep telling yourself that...

Must be the reason why you wife is still with you right? Did you tell her about what you like to do while watching your older neighbour.

• 1 month later...

And he's still the top poster on this site!

Which would be taken care of pretty easily if we were all spammers with a Word Association Game thread. ;)

Anyhow, yes everyone, I live.  If you can call part time wage slaving and writing a thesis for graduate school living...why I thought that the topic of public perception of crime and the effect of the media upon that view was an "easy topic", I will never know.

Not only do you live, but you still maintain your NationStates nation! :)

And your topic sounds very interesting. Huge and difficult to cover, but very interesting. I'm heading to graduate school next month...

• 1 month later...

I live!

wow, my last post was December 31 2006..

A whole lot's changed.

Well, I'm into computer programming now much more than I was before, and I'll probably eventually get a job doing it. I'm a little bit older obviously.. em.

Well, I'm really not sure what to say. Time sure goes fast.

I still dabble in drawing characters occasionally for the fun of it, though just like before pretty rarely. I've thought of getting a website sometime soon and putting all of my writings/programs/projects on it, but we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, just dropping by to say hello! I'm not even sure if many people remember me..

___

By the way, not trying to go off topic, but if you guys want to look at an old interesting topic related somewhat to this thread, see "How long will you keep visiting fed2k" made in 2003 http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=8314.0 I think there were at least a few people who didn't post long afterward that said something there.

• 4 weeks later...