The Old Timers' Notice Board

Edric O

Well, there was lots of complaints and stuff about why some people had a private board and only certain people were invited. There were some arguments over landsraad members and non members which made several flame wars, and so Gob decided to close it.

Only special thing about landsraad: you got a landsraad title below your name (like I have forum staff), and you got a place to chat about whatever (life, spammers etc), without worrying about the public (members and non members ie search engines) to know.

It was a long time ago, and I don't really remember much.

There was also the moderator board where mods and dune editing people had a private board to talk about stuff (spammers and related items).

Landsraad was gone in late 2003(?). I had joined in October 2003.

It was a particular point of contention for emprworm, who held that it was elitist and favouritist, never quite realising that Landraad councillors held no special powers or offices besides the purely ceremonial.

But then he said a lot of things.

Only special thing about landsraad: you got a landsraad title below your name (like I have forum staff), and you got a place to chat about whatever (life, spammers etc), without worrying about the public (members and non members ie search engines) to know.

So

I think the boards (at least data) are still there, just not accessible to anyone but gob. There was also a messageboard for a dune game that was going to be developed by some forum members. Idea didn't go anywheres though. Forget if it was private.

If there is a secret board and I don't know about it... must be super secret! Probably only Dutch people allowed so they can plot takeover of world.

Board 1: Duniverse

Board 2: General

Board 3: Fan Fiction

Board 4: Tech Support

Board 5: Dune Generations *Closed*

Board 6: Frank Herbert's Dune

Board 7: Emperor: Battle for Dune

Board 8: Dune 2000

Board 9: Dune II

Board 10: Dune

Board 11: Other Dune Games

Board 12: Frank Herbert's Dune Strategy

Board 13: Emperor Atreides Strategy *Closed*

Board 14: Emperor Harkonnen Strategy *Closed*

Board 15: Emperor Ordos Strategy *Closed*

Board 16: Emperor Subhouse Strategy *Closed*

Board 17: Emperor Strategy

Board 18: Dune 2000 Strategy

Board 19: Dune Editing

Board 20: Arrakis

Board 21: Shiroko's FAQ

Board 22: Shai-Hulud *Closed*

Board 23: Sihaya Tuyek *Closed*

Board 24: Fed2k Staff Discussion

Board 25: Arrakis 2k Dev board *Closed*

Board 26: Old Landsraad board *Closed*

Board 27: Gob's Dungeon

Board 28: Dune Editing News

Board 29: Gaming

Board 30: FED2k News

Board 31: ?? ??

Board 32: Landsraad Polls *Closed*

Board 33: Forum Staff Discussion

Board 34: Politics, Religion & Philosophy

Board 35: ?? ??

Board 36: ?? ??

Board 37: New Landsraad board *Closed*

To add to that there was the Dune Editing Staff board, the Sardaukar 2000 development board (was there a public board?), think Sihaya Tuek had a development board as well, and maybe Shai-Hulud too.

There are a few members of the Landsraad left, such as ex (although I think he left at some point).

Doc and EdricO (you where a member right?) are still here, think that NaMp still visits from time to time if his wife let's him to. Same for Timenn. Haven't seen Order45, Number6 lately though.

I have been an member of the Landsraad myself. After they have been closed here the whole board got resurrected at GameHeaven where they can still be viewed by Landsraad members.

Yeah, I really don't remember what my problem was. I think I was smoking an awful lot of pot at the time though.

So I blame that and being like 16 for my dickishniss.

Sorry to all those involved.

Cheers

Ordos45 is around. *Checks under a mat*

Doc and EdricO (you where a member right?) are still here, think that NaMp still visits from time to time if his wife let's him to. Same for Timenn. Haven't seen Order45, Number6 lately though.

I have been an member of the Landsraad myself. After they have been closed here the whole board got resurrected at GameHeaven where they can still be viewed by Landsraad members.

Yup, I was part of the Landsraad at some point. And yes, the members from back then can still visit the original boards on the Gameheaven forum.

Yes, there was a negative vibe from non members around the Landsraad, how ever, I'd rather remember the positive ones. It wasn't all bad the Landsraad did. At the time when Generals came out (yes, the original), we held a E:BFD contest out of name of the Landsraad. Members of the Landsraard were not allowed to participate. The prize was a copy of C&C Generals. After having agreed with EA to provide us a copy for the contest, I ended up paying for it and shipping it myself. I can't exactly remember the name of the person who won, but he came from Estonia or close by. Ahh those good 'ol times....

Right,

You want old timers!  I was last active (prior to today) way back in July 2004!

Since then I've finished off y11, GCSE's A levels, and now I'm most of the way through a masters in geology at Bristol University (UK)!

I have a quick question, do people like the Dune audiobooks?

I recently dl'd the first one from audible.  I've listened to only a little (until duke/nephew finish their "meeting".  I personally find it very good so far.

All is good,

Mike