The Old Timers' Notice Board

Edric O

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone at FED2k. Just visiting to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Apart from that, I don't have much to say except that it's good to see this site still running. How many years has it been now since the site first took off? Is this site still the same site that kept you coming back back when the Westwood forums were closed down? How has the community grown/evolved over the years?

• 3 weeks later...

yo lads happy new gaming year!

Has not been round for A WHILE.

I dont know bout me an old timer but have been here some time.

I have also been very busy  promoting the band I`m manager and primus motor for.

http//:www.myspace.com/obscurebergen

been working a lot arranging concerts and stuff.

see ya all and have a great weekend.

cheers cybopache

Hello everyone at FED2k. Just visiting to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Apart from that, I don't have much to say except that it's good to see this site still running. How many years has it been now since the site first took off? Is this site still the same site that kept you coming back back when the Westwood forums were closed down? How has the community grown/evolved over the years?

And a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! :)

The community has, for the most part, grown older - in a very literal sense. The regular posters we have today are mostly old timers; we came here back when we were teenagers playing Dune games, and liked the community so much that we never left.

I remember first discovering FED2k when I was 13 (though I didn't start posting on the forums until a year later). I'm now a few days away from 23. And I don't intend to ever leave, though real life forces me into periods of lurking every now and then. That's probably the main reason for the reduced forum activity in general: Too many RL commitments for all of us. We're not as young as we used to be. ;) Of course, we've also had a number of new members joining the forum and becoming regulars in recent years, but for the most part they are older than we were when we first joined.

And as far as I know, FED2k was founded on January 15, 1998. Which makes it almost 11 years old.

I'm now a few days away from 23. ... We're not as young as we used to be. ;)

Oh, BITE YOU.  >:(

:D

(Seriously, it'll be interesting to see how many of you twenty-somethings will still be spouting revolution in another ten years. ;) )

Oh, BITE YOU.  >:(

:D

It's ok, don't feel too bad about being really, extremely, unbelievably ancient. :P

(Seriously, it'll be interesting to see how many of you twenty-somethings will still be spouting revolution in another ten years. ;) )

Actually, my degree of support for violent revolution has grown with age. It also seems to exhibit temporary spikes whenever I play too much Dawn of War... :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the subject of the Landsraad, I often wondered if my name cropped up. Obviously I wasn't as deserving as the stapler, my theory being that I'm a bit too willing to let decorum slip in favour of snappy argument, but was curious nevertheless.

I figured I'd ask now that it's long gone and I don't look like I'm pleading. :P

On the subject of the Landsraad, I often wondered if my name cropped up. Obviously I wasn't as deserving as the stapler, my theory being that I'm a bit too willing to let decorum slip in favour of snappy argument, but was curious nevertheless.

I got rejected from it! haha

An exclusive club of sorts, with its own board. Members were elected to it at a maximum rate of one per month, until it was dissolved some time ago. It was a particular point of contention for emprworm, who held that it was elitist and favouritist, never quite realising that Landraad councillors held no special powers or offices besides the purely ceremonial.

Or at least, that's what they told us...