The Old Timers' Notice Board

Edric O

If I go missing after tomorrow it is because we are getting another icestorm. And we just got over a blizzard on saturday and sunday.

Initially snow will develop well ahead of the front early Wednesday morning then change to freezing rain and ice pellets in the early afternoon and eventually to rain in the evening as the front moves north of the area. 4 to 6 hours of freezing rain is expected and hence a warning has been issued

Hello everyone.

Firstly, I'm quite flattered that Edric O would give me a mention in the initial post of this thread. I didn't realize I was buried so deep in the history books of this forum. :-X

You are most welcome, my friend. :) Now stop lurking and start posting! I see that you were online just 5 days ago but haven't posted anything in over two months. We're trying to have a Posting Revolution, and your old favourite website needs YOU!

I'm not going to go into too much personal detail, but if any of you have been wondering how I've been doing, I'm still alive. Which is something I've come to appreciate more over the years (I haven't had any near death experiences). Somehow, I've become more interested in catching the news and hearing about local politics, especially regarding Australia's attitude towards climate change and its less than groundbreaking communications network.

Come, join us in PRP... feel the irresistible pull of the dark side!

I'm still an introvert, and it doesn't look like that aspect of my personality is going to shift towards the opposite direction any time soon. Not that I really mind. However I have often thought about my place in society and whether I have one at all, and I think that I may have been going through one or more periods of identity crisis. The fact of the matter is, I'm not a very approachable person in real life. Perhaps it's just Australian culture, but I get the impression that people think I'm rude or ignoring them simply because I prefer to listen and I'm horrible at casual conversations (you would need to be arguing a topic or asking me for my opinion on something which I feel passionately about to really get me going).

I am an introvert myself - I feel best when I'm on my own - but my friends tell me that I'm actually quite "outgoing" and good with people. It's a learned skill. I still don't go to parties or pointless social events, though. They are mind-numbingly boring.

Rene_Smeitink, if you're reading this, I still don't have a girlfriend/significant other. :D

You really won that bet quite decisively. ;)

As for being a PC game addict... I think I may (hopefully) be growing out of it.

Why? What is there to do in life but getting involved in politics, expanding your knowledge about the universe and playing PC games? :P

Still alive, but the ice storm should hit within 15 minutes. Everything has been cancelled in my province, as we had some ice earlier this morning. I'll be lucky if my internet is working in the next 12 hours.

Hope I don't lose power for a week and internet for 2 weeks like the last ice storm :(

EDIT:

Our elementary/high schools have lost almost two weeks of school this school year. Been one of the worst winters in a decade, breaking snowfall records in eastern canada. Although we get lots of snow, then it all melts, then we get more snow.

12 days off this school year (for elementary/high school). 13 is the record.

EDIT:

My internet tower is swaying a lot. Dunno how I still have internet. Might not get freezing rain, hopefully just rain.

EDIT:

Storm wasn't really a storm. Just some high winds and rain. lucky.

Still alive, but the ice storm should hit within 15 minutes. Everything has been cancelled in my province, as we had some ice earlier this morning. I'll be lucky if my internet is working in the next 12 hours.

Hope I don't lose power for a week and internet for 2 weeks like the last ice storm :(

EDIT:

Our elementary/high schools have lost almost two weeks of school this school year. Been one of the worst winters in a decade, breaking snowfall records in eastern canada. Although we get lots of snow, then it all melts, then we get more snow.

12 days off this school year (for elementary/high school). 13 is the record.

Aha! Proof that global warming is false! (looks slowly towards Edric/ACElethal)...

Anybody find themselves slightly embarrassed at previous posts of themselves? 5 years, 6, sometimes 4 years ago for me. Only some of them ;)

Anybody find themselves slightly embarrassed at previous posts of themselves? 5 years, 6, sometimes 4 years ago for me. Only some of them ;)

Yes, very. But it's very interesting looking through my old posts a few years ago. They felt like they were done by a completely different person, even though I can remember some of them.

Literally or figuratively?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

You're evil :P