The Old Timers' Notice Board

Edric O

• 2 weeks later...
My last post was in January of 2005.  How's that for a hiatus?

I think the only ones who will remember me are Edric0 and maybe a handful of the EBFD old-balls.  And perhaps my fellow countrymen (speaking of which, Mahdi has defected countries at the worst possible time: when his hometown Sens are poised to win the Stanley Cup)

Ace, old chap! You've been gone for an eternity... Well, alright, it's more along the lines of two and a half years, but that counts as an eternity in web-time. Do you remember our old global warming debate? That contained some of the longest posts I've ever written...

Judging from the responses in this thread, and from my own browsing of some members' profiles, it appears that we have a lot of lurking on the Fed2k forums these days (I am myself guilty of it, too). We need to get off our lazy asses and post more. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Ace, old chap! You've been gone for an eternity... Well, alright, it's more along the lines of two and a half years, but that counts as an eternity in web-time. Do you remember our old global warming debate? That contained some of the longest posts I've ever written...

How could I forget!  That debate was epic.  It has to be one of the most complex, involved, informative topics ever posted in PRP.

A couple of months ago I watched two documentaries related to the subject (Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and Martin Durkin's The Great Global Warming Swindle) which reminded me of that thread of ours.  Funnily enough, watching those two movies was a major deja vu experience.  I could swear that you and I debated at least half of the arguments in both of them.  If you havn't seen them, they're worth the time (I think both are available on YouTube).

I guess that means mainstream scientific knowledge is no less than three years behind you and I, two random then-high school students from opposite sides of the globe.  Kind of scary, isn't it?  Flattering, but scary.

Man, I feel so old right now...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm still alive and looking at redoing the old filmbook in the near future.

I often look in here and lurk, but am really out of touch with the DUNE universe at the moment.

BUT, it looks like there is alot happening, like the new film (although its been halted by the evil Baron Herbertkonnan) so expectto see alittle bit more of me.

Its good to see you chaps an chapesses.

Rgds

LoK

• 2 weeks later...

I stop by every so often. Nice to see the site is still here. I would have to say that Gobalopper and this site is one of the main reasons that I really got into forum discussions in the first place so I hope this site stays online for a really long time.

As we say in The Village "Be seeing you!"