Installing again for a long time

Paddington

Hello Emperor: Battle for Dune -community.

I am installing my Emperor game again after many years to my new computer. I played this game last when I was just a little kid so I didn't even know how to play online  ;D. I runned the game then on Windows Millenium but now I'm going to have the game on Windows XP. I have heard that people have had problems with the combination of the Emperor and the Windows XP so I am now asking that will I face any problems when installing and playing the game? Also I'd like to know that how many players there approximately are playing online and when ususally?

My computer's information:

Abit NF7-S motherboard

AMD Athlon XP 2600+

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb

Nforce based integrated sound card

1gbit memory @400mHz

Seagate Barracuda hard drive

Windows XP with SP2 as the operating system and the newest DirectX9.

Has someone installed and runned the game without problems with the Windows XP SP2?

Thanks.

Hello again, guys. I got the game installed and it works quite fine (only a few minimal bugs).

I have a new question now. I read at this forum that there is problems playing Emperor when using the ATI Catalyst drivers. I have now the newest Omega drivers but I may have to change back to the Catalyst drivers because one of my games isn't working properly. The only version of catalysts I can use is the newest 6.11 or something like that. So, can I play Emperor with these Catalyst drivers or will it even start? Does anyone play Emperor with the newest Catalysts and do they have any problems?

Oh and btw, do I need an online account to play online games through that XWIS program? I don't have an online account and I couldn't make one because the Emperor online system is shutted down :(