old friend maybe back --> ricksam

Fanry

hi everybody :

i leave this game for 6 years because after i format my computer, i cant install it again by my old cd rom. but finally  :D :D :D i sucessfully to reinstall again battle of dune by my new dvd rom that my old cd rom cant :)

yes! i am ricksam, that the one who always use ordos.

but i have forgot my old login passwork... so i got a new name...

but then i got two problem before i can back to war....

1.) i cant get in the game by my new computer :'( it say "my game.exe" got some problem.....oh man...someone can teach me how to solve it...?

2.) now no westwood anymore, so how can you guy playing online with other member???

You will need patch 1.09 and the XWIS tool, we all play on Ra's server.

Check out the stickied essentials threads  for all the info you need.  ;D ;)

i thank you for your help :)

so i can get 1.09 in this site i know, but will i going to search engine to search XWIS tool by using keyword" Xwis tool"?

and i dont understand something because i have never try it... how can i connect to RA server???

i thank you for your help :)

so i can get 1.09 in this site i know, but will i going to search engine to search XWIS tool by using keyword" Xwis tool"?

and i dont understand something because i have never try it... how can i connect to RA server???

i got patch 1.09 already, but dont know where is the XWIS tool :(

but i still cant get in the game after i install patch 1.09 :(

Do you mean you can't get the game to launch, like a single player game? Or do you mean you can't get online?

Did you use the install fix when you installed the game? It is available on this site as well. Go to downloads-emperor-patches (on the left side of the Home page). It is the first one. I always use it when I install the game. Then patch to 1.09. The XWIS tool is available in the "Emperor Essentials" thread above this one. Just download it and read Nunu's getting online guide,(also above this post).

Do you mean you can't get the game to launch, like a single player game? Or do you mean you can't get online?

Did you use the install fix when you installed the game? It is available on this site as well. Go to downloads-emperor-patches (on the left side of the Home page). It is the first one. I always use it when I install the game. Then patch to 1.09. The XWIS tool is available in the "Emperor Essentials" thread above this one. Just download it and read Nunu's getting online guide,(also above this post).

as you can see, i cant launch the game, and i am using window XP

hope you guy know how to read in chinese  ;D

i get the game exe problem sometimes too. It causes my game to crash occassionally, but it doesnt stop me from actually running the game. i noticed it doesnt seem to happen as often when I'm online. seems like a bug in the game, as both my computers get it.

Part of the problem here is, we don't know when you are getting the "problem with game.exe" box.

Is it during install?

Is it when you try to play single player?

Is it when you try to launch an online game?

it is the problem if i try to launch the game

Ok, did you use the install fix (EMPENGINSTFIX10.ZIP) when you installed the game?

It is available in the Downloads/Emperor/Patches section of this website.

And then did you upgrade using the Chinese 1.09 patch?

both tryed.. but it still not working at all.. i think it is the problem of my window XP.

but i am now going to say the problem with more detail:

when i following the step of EMPENGINSTFIX10.ZIP, in step 4 "4. Double-click the setup.exe in the desktop setup folder - this will start the installation procedure." the installation did not start.

and then i try to install 1.09 english version (i got english version emperor) its installable but still cant launch the game