Hypocricy rarely gets bigger then this

LINK

Pastor takes leave amid allegations of gay sex

Facing shocking allegations that he paid a gay prostitute for sex, prominent Colorado Springs pastor Ted Haggard placed himself on administrative leave Thursday from his church position and resigned as president of the National Association of Evangelicals, a platform that made him a rising star in conservative politics.

"I am voluntarily stepping aside from leadership so that the overseer process can be allowed to proceed with integrity," Haggard said in his statement.

He fervently denies that he engaged in but-sex of any kind. LINK

As a church-appointed board met privately Friday to investigate the Rev. Ted Haggard, the embattled evangelical leader admitted to reporters that he bought methamphetamine from a male prostitute but denied ever using the drug or having sex with him.

"I was buying it for me, but I never used it," he said.

He also denied having sex with Jones. He said he had received a referral at a hotel for a massage with Jones, but he did not say which hotel.

Sounds like one of those half-way confessions hoping that people will forgive you, but try to stay out of trouble.

On a totally different issue, I smoke marijana all the time, but I never inhaled.

i agree it was a half-confession most likely.

But lets be serious... thats an embarassing thing to admit.... especially given his position.  So his half-confession is understandable.   I mean none of us have perfect confession records either. 

Although i must say... the first time i ever heard haggard speak was on that dawkins video.... and i must saw his voice is very feminine.  He is definately a man struggling with homosexual desires... fighting against it everyday.  Maybe he was traumatize or molested as a child, maybe he has hormonal problems, or maybe he never learned to associate his sexual desires with women only.  I believe sexuality is a learned behavior.  Its a learned behavior in Chimps as well.

I feel sorry for the guy, struggling with gay desires and hating it has to suck big time.

But whats done is done.... he has been removed by the board and life goes on.

Nothing more to say really.

Guns

Well his position does suck. It seems though that many who would give pity to him would not be so compassionate to a liberal minded individual with civil responsibilities. If this happened to a democratic governer or representative, many in Ted Haggard's line of work would flip.

The problem is that he has real responsibility, and what he does represents the christ. if you live a lie in that kind of setting, it is no good, and should be condemned by all. 

At first he resigned even though he didn't do anything wrong, then he didn't have sex with anyone, then he just bought meth, but he threw it out, then he got a massage...

I thought evangelical repubs were against gays and were the moral political party? ;)

Although i must say... the first time i ever heard haggard speak was on that dawkins video.... and i must saw his voice is very feminine.  He is definately a man struggling with homosexual desires... fighting against it everyday.  Maybe he was traumatize or molested as a children, maybe he has homrmonal problems, or maybe he never learned to associate his sexual desires with women only.  I believe sexuality is a learned behavior.  Its a learned behavior in Chimps as well.

As someone on another forum pointed out, with a smile like that you're asking for trouble

20061102_032450_ol02haggard_300.jpg

As for outward signs of someones sexuality, his voice? I know heterosexuals and homosexuals who contradict that.

Molestation victims tend to become molesters themselves, not homosexuals- at least according to any biology article I've ever read.

Personally I believe that people become gay for different reasons- in some it's an aquired preference, while others are inherently slanted.

I feel sorry for the guy, struggling with gay desires and hating it has to suck big time.

You'll be interested in this bit: an NRO collumnist says that a closet-living homophobe who cheats on his wife, does drugs and preaches the opposite of what he practices is morally superior then an openly gay man.

Instead of regarding hypocrisy as the ultimate sin, could it not be regarded as a kind of virtue - or at least as a mitigation of his offense?

A newborn classic!

I would think that this brings up a point that has been copied century-after-century: the higher in society a man gets, the less religious he actually is. In other words, the higher-ups are more likely to use religion as an advantage rather than salvation.

Speaking of another Theological State of Hypocrisy, "Dr." Kent Hovind, aka Dr Dino, has been charged with tax fraud and may be subject to quite a few lifetimes in prison with the same for his wife. I guess lying so much about evolution and creationism brought him to begin to lie to the IRS and the government.

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061102/NEWS01/611020330/1006

Well i never familiarized myself with Hovind or Haggard to be honest... so hearing of their downfalls didnt have much impact on me.

I chose people like Michael Behe, Collins, and Lewis to study. 

Altho if Dawkins were to be arrested for tax evasion.. would that necessarily make you question his stances on evolution Acriku?

I know you have ranted about Hovind before on these forums.... so i can understand your enthusiasm about his misfortune.

Well i never familiarized myself with Hovind or Haggard to be honest... so hearing of their downfalls didnt have much impact on me.

I chose people like Michael Behe, Collins, and Lewis to study. 

Altho if Dawkins were to be arrested for tax evasion.. would that necessarily make you question his stances on evolution Acriku?

I know you have ranted about Hovind before on these forums.... so i can understand your enthusiasm about his misfortune.

I've always considered Hovind to be intellectually dishonest, through his arguments and websites. I just now made the observation that his dishonesty stretches to other areas. If Dawkins was arrested for tax evasion, I'd be largely disappointed in him. But then again, he doesn't claim to be holier than thou.