American Football

alchemi2

You're from England and into American Football? Didn't think anyone was from there :P (satellite tv does wonders nowadays I guess).

I'm not into football, but did love original Nintendo NES Football game. Not interested in newer ones.

Superbowl is about the only game I watch, usually at a bar (free chili/rolls and chance to win furniture) or party.

Mainly follow it on the internet although i do generally tape the Monday night game on channel 5 as I'm normally working when it's on, i don't get sky sports as for the amount of time i get to watch TV it's not worth the cost.

There is quite a following for the sport here in the UK and we even have some teams of our own nowadays.

I've been a NY Giants fan for years, and plan to stay that way. This year looks pretty exciting all the way across the NFL and is promising to be a lot like last year (with expected leaders crushing, or bearly hanging on, and new fairly unexpected teams letting their star players pull them all the way to the playoffs). The Bears are definately looking good though. Hopefully they won't trip once they get in the playoffs again.

Let me be the first to jump in with the patented "UK Response to American 'Football'".

It's not 'football'.  Football involves using your feet a hell of a lot more.  It's rugby with all the fun taken out of it and all the pansies playing it wear armour.  Yes, armoUr - the correct spelling.  Seriously, I don't mind the sport itself, even though it is just "Rugby for Sissies".  But for the love of God, why didn't you name it something that actually resembles what the game involves?!

And stop pronouncing aluminium incorrectly; it's "al-you-min-ee-um", not smegging "al-oo-min-um"!

Bears are my NFC team, and Their doing pretty good.

Dolphins are my AFC team, and there...not.

Originaly the game was very similer to rugbe up until the 1930's and 1940's where the forword pass was introduced.e

The colts need to crash and burn, they barely beat a 0-5 team, and almost got beat by the Jets. IF they would lose manning, I can't see them winning another game in the season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...