[Help] Adding Dune 2000 maps without activating

Reactor

If you're having serious problems by adding your maps or downloaded maps to Dune 2000, or the map editor you use will not "activate" them, here'z what y'can do:

1) First of all, save your map in MAP format. Not SH2, use the MAP format.

2) Use your map editor to open existing maps on the Dune 2000's MAPS directory. You may find it in the DATA directory. Since there are many different block styles, you need to choose a level, which has the same blockstyle as YOUR level has.

For example, the map "Tenaya" uses BLOXXMAS blockstyle, with different scenery, different rocks, etc. Your map must be made in BLOXXMAS style, or else it'll be scrubbed and look unimaginibly ugly (you can still run it though, but it won't be a pleasant game).

Here is a little help for each level's special blockstyle:

FILENAME      INGAME LEVEL      TILESET

---------------------------------------

2PLAY11        Jacarutu         BloxTree

2PLAY12        Fondak           BloxBase

2PLAY13        (unknown)        BloxXmas

2PLAY14        (unknown)        BloxXmas

4PLAY8         Halleck's ridge  BloxXmas

4PLAY9         Baron's court    BloxXmas

6PLAY3         Mauddib's cave   BloxWast

6PLAY4         Thufir's point   BloxXmas

6PLAY5         Tenaya           BloxXmas

All other levels are in "BloxBgbs" style.

Unfortunately, this trick cannot be done with levels built in "BloxBat, BloxIce" or other different blockstyles which weren't mentioned before.

3) Find the map file in the MAPS directory, whose blockstyle is the same with your level's blockstyle, and delete that file. Yes, I mean in, delete that original map file.

Example: You made a level in BloxWast style. Then you need to find "6PLAY3.MAP", and delete it.

After that, find your map, and rename it to 6PLAY3.MAP. Do NOT use the map editor's "Save as" utily, it will make Dune 2000 crash. Don't worry if your map is smaller or bigger than the original was, it doens't matter at all.

4) Run Dune 2000, and search for the modified map. If you replaced "6PLAY3.MAP", you need to run "Mauddib's cave". If you made everything properly,the map shall work.

In case any problems occur, report them, I shall try to find a solution.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But there is! Trust me, it works for me without any flaws.

Since I also can't "activate" maps, I had to delete some old ones,and replace'em wit' my new ones. I may post you some screenie-shotties if you don't believe me...