Running Emperor on XP Pro SP2

rymoah

Hi everyone, and sorry if this problem has been posted hundred of times on this board, but I can't get Emperor running on my PC.

I have a 3.2 GHz Processor with 512 MB of RAM, graphic card NVidia 7100 with the latest drivers, and Win XP Pro SP2 installed.

Currently I have no problem to install the game without the fix provided by EA, but when I try to run Emperor, the game freezes on the initial EA logo (sometimes on the Westwood Studio logo). So I used the install fix, replacing the setup.exe and the emperor.exe files in the way the readme.txt says, but it still doesn't work. I have tried to install the 1.09 patch and to switch the combatibility of the executables of the game to Windows 95, but the problem remain. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Canc every time I try to run Emperor.

And, another strange thing is that when I launch the test program on Emperor CD it tells me that I have a CPU with negative clock (-1114 MHz) ???

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Rymoah

I've downloaded the latest version of Omega Drivers and installed it, but the game keeps freezing on the EA logo. Moreover, when I installed the OD the setup wizard said that they were older than the previous I have installed..

Rymoah

I've almost solved the problem :) Since the game freezes on a video (the introduction video with EA and Westwood logos), I deleted the .bik file containing it. The game automatically skipped to the next video (the story intro), which runs choppy, but at least I've managed to get to the main menu, and the game runs normally. Now, on the EA support site it is said in case of choppy videos to add a -w option to the exe file of Emperor. Let's see what happens... :)

Rymoah

It might sound like me trying to make out like I know what I am talking about, but I didnt recmmend that when I should have (my first post!) becuase I figured it was a video problem and it would continue into the game !

I am a big fan of deleting all the video files, as they are useless after you have seen them once.

Maybe I should have said so then.. :-[

Well done !

No problem, Re-erjin999! ;) But unlike you, I'm a big fan of video interludes (especially those of Emperor, which were really well produced), so I'm gonna try to fix also this. Obviously, the important thing for now is that the game runs fine. :)

Rymoah