Little info please, regarding Videocards!!!!

Hey guys!

So im planing on buying new computer (well parts and then construct the thingy) and i wanted to ask about videocards.

Well im definately going for ATI, and right now i think ill get X850XT, by the time i start buying the parts (DecembreJanuary) they are pretty low prices by then.

But ive heard some "Crossfire" Thingy and Special Motherboards for it.

Now as i understand the Crossfire is with 2 VideoCards, im not gonna buy 2 videocards.

So i wanted to ask if i need to get a "Special" motherboard for the X850XT ? or can i just buy a regular one with a PCI-E slot and all is good ?

If I understand correctly Crossfire is the ATI version of NVidia's SLI. In that case it means you can buy that motherboard anyway as you don't have to put 2 video cards in it. Though motherboards without Crossfire are likely cheaper, so you will want that if you don't intend to ever have 2 video cards combined.

I think any decent motherboard will support that video card, just check if it has PCI-Express slots. But that will be likely, all new motherboards have these slots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...