Atreides are weak

Big D

I played with the Ordos a long, very long time.

I could destroy enemies on sandy pass with no units lost within minutes, using dust scouts and laser tanks.

I used atreides once... I failed... They are weak and slow. Ordos raped them... infantry kobra-ized

Mino's laserized.

I use speed to win, but atreides are slow. slow is counterproductive, waste of time.

I must beat the foe with no units lost. Anyone have a strategy?

And yes you are right, I am a perfectionist. Drown me :P

To beat your enemy with no lost units, the best strategy is to play against a girl who plays the game for the first time. (Preferably with a blindfold over her eyes to ensure complete victory. Oh, and tie her hands too. That will make it even easier.)

XD! I guess I had that coming.

Heh, I was pissed off when I typed that.

I play vs the computer btw.

It is perfectly possible for a harkonnen flametank to level an entire base, as I've done before (provided one is quick)

But the Atreides have no fast units, except the sand bike, wich is a pitiful excuse for a trike thing.

The Atreides greatest problem, is a lack of automatic repairs. Wasting time and money to produce fragile repair vehicles.

At least Harkonnen units get self repair at level 2 (I think)

I guess Atreides can only be played defensivly.  Heh...

I agree Big_D.

After all, where on earth could we find a master atriedies player who could prove you wrong ? If only there were someone around...someone whos name began with "A"...ended with "n" and maybe had...oooh, I dont know...."pollyo" in the middle ? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Atreides are the Powerhouse.

Sure, they require a different gameplay as opposed to Ordos or Harkonnen, but they are not weak by any means.

Atreides are more defencive, atleast at start, but every minute the game lasts longer the scales start to tilt towards Atreides player, until u are faceing a heavy Mino March with a crapload of Support with them.

well, its easy to play atr vs the ai and dont loose not even 1 unit...just play defensly the first 10 minuits, go fac first upgrade imidiatly, built mino repair 2 minos repair and a few more minos til u r readfy to attack....than move just slow...worked fine for me on knife fight.

kalony

PS.: dont scout, or use frems for scouting

• 3 weeks later...

statements very wrong... im very well rounded with all houses as is, harkdawg, jeff and spaze.. its not hard to build units fast with either of the houses... trikes sards snipers light inf, are just as good as dust gas and sards, believe me when spaze is ordos my best bet to defeat him is with atreides ask him... atreides endgame is unstoppable... unless your harkonnen with massive dev, adv. carry and elite sard. with ink fed sniper backup...  ::)

Harkonnen Inkvines are the only real annoyance to a Mino March, well it wasnt really in the old days when it wasnt taboo to use Guild. I had SardGuild as subhouses and NIAB's mowed all the Inkvines down with ezzz, but if you play without Guild and youre Ally isnt ordos to give you a Fac for lazertanks you can get annoyed by the Inkvines.

well its very very difficult to destroy mass minos in front of your base... almost impossible.. but if you get them on the march towards your base, and use everything you can, like worms deviators laser adv carry elite sards with a full scale attack on the pack then you should be able to destroy them.. but if you dont might as well quit lol ;D

• 3 weeks later...

well its very very difficult to destroy mass minos in front of your base... almost impossible.. but if you get them on the march towards your base, and use everything you can, like worms deviators laser adv carry elite sards with a full scale attack on the pack then you should be able to destroy them.. but if you dont might as well quit lol ;D

Mord u quiter-

• 1 month later...

I used atreides once... I failed... They are weak and slow. Ordos raped them... infantry kobra-ized

Mino's laserized.

I use speed to win, but atreides are slow. slow is counterproductive, waste of time.

I must beat the foe with no units lost. Anyone have a strategy?

atreides are not slow if you use all type of units. even it slow because of you use most minos, its not mean ordos raged atr.(must sardelites and get kindjals or fed or anything support mino_)

groups of orni will help you in late game when you get much money to make anything else.

harkonnen has just one problem that they are slow. I dont know exactly but buzz speed a bit faster than sardaukr elites.

I play vs the computer btw.

But the Atreides have no fast units, except the sand bike, wich is a pitiful excuse for a trike thing.

The Atreides greatest problem, is a lack of automatic repairs. Wasting time and money to produce fragile repair vehicles.

At least Harkonnen units get self repair at level 2 (I think)

atr infantry, drone, ornithopter(most fastest unit huh)

to make repairs is not waste time...think about when u repair ur mino with ur repairs...and watch out mino level get rank.

hark lev2 unit...dont expect to get them lev2(except dev) its due to hark units most type of assault without mercy ;)

• 1 year later...

Ahaha , mordusxxx onwed spaze using atreids?

I doubt of it.

There is no house strongest

the problem is how u use each house.

Atr is not weak

we not even need minos vs harkonen or ords

i can own a ords or harkooonen using atreids with notmal units

the problem is how to move to attack.

that is the great questiong.

u need know move each units of each house.

it does diference.

both house has same level of defense and attack.