New dvd release of the Lynch movie - any difference

tobiasthecommie

I already have

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000AISLP/202-0517468-1403841?v=glance&n=283926&s=gateway&v=glance

And the barebone of the same edition of the movie on DVD.

And a bad quality of the Alan Smithee movie on DVD(very grainy, even more barebone).

So now i find out this has been released.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007PAMR4/ref=pe_ar_x1B0007PAMR4/103-6058697-0643859?n=130

I am not entirely sure if it has something i haven't already got.

It has both versions of the movie(the Lynch version digitally remastered, the other version, i don't know).

It has some extras that i believe is not on the version i have (they mention deleted scenes, and something about the 4 hour version being a rumor).

Have anyone bought it and could give me a rundown on what is on it?

Sincerely

Tobias.

Well, the main difference is that the first one is in PAL format and will only play on multi-zone dvd players in the US, and then they will still not play on US televisions (which are NTSC format). You'd need to send the image to a data or video projector, which usually are PAL compatible.

The second in NTSC format and has only recently been released in the US. There is a German version of the same movies with many extras in German that are not going to be on the US edition. But, it's PAL format too. You can check it out at amazon.de and search for the Dune Perfect Edition. Comes in a metal cases which go inside of a book-sized and designed package, and it even include's Toto's soundtrack.

It also looks like they do have different special features, the two you mentioned.