House Palace Special Abilites

I was just wondering about the usefulness of the Atreides Palace special ability called Hawk Strike.

You see, the Harkonnen's Death Hand Missile destroys stuff and leaves radiation in the area. The Ordos Chaos Lightning makes your units and structures go berserk and start firing on each other. However, the Atreides' Hawk Strike only makes the enemy units run away in fear. Not useful in destroying stuff I'm afraid.

However, I was wondering what Atreides players here use it for? Do you all use it in tendem for some  attack?

The targetted units will not shoot the enemy anymore and they will try to run out of the map while the duration of the effect goes on.

It is useful for:

- targetting it on a group of fast units (any time), so they'll move out the map. So they're dead. fe: a group of sardaukars

- targettings on a strong group, (only) while attacking it. fe: a group of mino's, the targetted mino's won't shoot at you anymore while you can finish him of.

Mostly the effect doesn't last long enough for the units to reach the end of the map

Depends on where the units are if they will exit the map in time before the effect runs out.  Slow units like minos wont make it but sards will.  Have some fremen around to kill off the units when they are running away, if you know which direction the units will go.

That's what you think.

Well, if you can get your enemy to cramp 15 Harvesters for you to hit them with a single Death Hand, then it might work.

Hmm...I suddenly have a new respect for the Hawk Strike ability. Will try it out some time. But you all are most right about slower moving units who are affected by Hawk Strike not making it to the edge of the map before it wears out.

I had an idea though. What about casting Hawk Strike on a large enemy force defending its base just as my attack force arrives at his base entrance? Scatter his forces and leaves his base defenseless?