Fed2k Old Timers(Or anyone for that matter): Please Read

TMA_1

I remember when it was strictly Dune2000, and many here were waiting for Emperor:Battle For Dune. When the Miniseries was discussed there was such a huge amount of excitement that it couldnt be contained. The DUniverse board was my haven, and still is in my mind. Still have an abiding love for my Dune novels, and have noticed that so many new people have stepped "on the bus" as it were, hehe

Anyways I was wondering if any of you old timers here at Dune2k would like to get together and have a live chat and reminisce. Hell, everyone should join in. I was just curious if we could set a date for this to happen a few times. I would surely love it.

Cheers: Titus

I'm all for it! It would be nice to refresh my memory about long forgotten events and people on these forums. PRP has been my haven for many years now... Do you remember how it was created? Something about too many political topics in General...

think the topic "religion" had something to do with it and the fuss that came with topics like that. :)

And I am an old-timer enough to know we have had about 4 chatboxes over the years. Non where really going well if I remember. But name the time / place and I'll be there. :)

I am old-timer enough? :-

But still, I would love to discuss the ins-and-outs of Dune, the board, fanfic, and each of our personalities.  I've always pondered the idea of us all meeting (I think I actually suggested a FED2k convention once).  My only problems are academics and distance.

Anyway, keep us informed! :)

damn, all of you guys that posted here are old timers! I remember you Dunenewt back in the day, you Lord Johnsonius, nema, gunner, edric, lot more out htere too! and it doesnt matter if you are oldtimers or not, we just need to get together and rewmember all the old times on this forum! it will be great to reconnect as a community! :) everyone should come and chat it up!

well, when will you guys across the atlantic and pacific have t easiest time of chatting? Maybe we can do this a few times, lets hear when you guyts are open and plan a date. :)

I tried the IRC chatbox like... 1.5 years ago but there were only a few people ever on. I think Gryphon, Timenn and a few others. It would be much cooler to all dress up in our homemade stillsuit and travel all to the Dune conference in Tunesia  8) . Best would be somewhere between 8 and 22 august since i'll be there on vacation then.

And it's not a pretty sight, I admit. We could always hope for a sandstorm so that we don't see much and that they just feel the pain. But yes, the chatbox was messy. Like pretty much everything else on this world, the Dutch were dominant  :P

*grumbles* The Singapore time zone is out of this world.

Well... I do remember a lot of the other old guys who USED to be here, like Ligic, shygirl4 (whatever the number was), Gunseng_Harkonnen, etc.

And back then Nema was using the Atreides Sniper icon for a display picture (sorry for exposing your secret! ;D) and Edric O was using the Dune2000 Ordos Saboteur icon.

Emperor used to dominate the forums then ;)

I've always seen Nema as the character in his avatar. Omniscient and so on and so forth. Old, wise, and all-knowing. :D And colorblind. I'd love to be colorblind for a little while, to see everything as in a black and white photograph. Nema, weren't you able to see a few colors? Like red or green?

Being colour blind has nothing to do with complete disability to see in colour. Colour blind people have problems distinguishing between certain colours. ( ex: shades of yellow and green ).

i hope i'm old timer enough, fan fic has always been my haven. Although I havn't really been in there in oh the past year? Maybe I should change that.

I think i brought up the convention idea to, i'll be in Germany in december..maybe we can organize a fed2k european thingy, since holland is reletivly close.

Being colour blind has nothing to do with complete disability to see in colour. Colour blind people have problems distinguishing between certain colours. ( ex: shades of yellow and green ).

O RLY? Well, that's interesting, I didn't know that. Although that must be pretty annoying.

the Dune IRC room was filled with Dutch people. . darned messy if you ask me. And stillsuites. NaMp and Mahdi used to be naked remember :P

yes...yes indeed we were!

but if some one makes a new channel and more people than the dutch shows up - I'll swing by from time to time

I remember back when Cryo was alive and the guild wars of Dune Generations! that was kinda fun - damn shame the game didn't get a chance.