Irritating Ordos!

I was playing Emperor: Battle for Dune again recently and I used Atreides vs Ordos. One thing I find ultra irritating about the Ordos is that their units are so darn fast! My Minotaurs cannot kepe up and usually get blasted apart by laser fire from their tanks. Mongooses, too, get ripped apart by them. But then, only the Mongoose seems to have a better chance of hitting those darn laser tanks with their missiles.

Anybody find Ordos irritating as well as an enemy?

I find in single player game, that missing infantry in with the minos slow down the lazer tank, inf damage the shield and mino finish off the slowed tank.

Also the sard elite 1 shot solution or using Feds in groups positioned on the lazer tank attack route.

Should be multiplayer. The AI is no expert at laser tank micromanagement. The tanks move at irregular intervals, but they do stop to pause. If you have several minotaurii, at least one of them will be able to rip a tank apart during each interval.

Hi all.

Actually, I am having trouble in single player.

You see, I am a real newbie at Emperor. So, I was so used to the slower Harkonnens that when it came to facing the Ordos, I was totally taken by surprise at how fast their Laser Tanks skim pass my Minotaurs and ripped them apart one by one with bursts of laser.My Mongooses managed to take out a couple of those damn tanks but there were those tough Cobras behind providing long range support.

I think I suck. Big time. Maybe practise makes perfect.

laser tanks in single player are weak, the cpu can't play lasers very well...

but if you are still having trouble... you should first know that you don't play with one kind of unit only (minos in your case). mix the group with some infantry, especially sardarukar or elite sardaukar (though they will be destroyed as well as the laser tank when they hit each other). also kindjal infantry is very useful.

Nuvo, I dont mean to flame, but for a while I have been trying to work out you reason for existance on this board. This thread is a prime example.

NeoHunter, seeing as I have posted in your thread, I may as well try to be useful. You must must mix up your units or your minos will get wiped. They are there to be killed unless they are helped by other units, preferably infantry.

Thanks a lot guys for the tips. I will try to mix my units before charging the Ordos.

Chuck Norris is right in the latest post that I have much to learn. Like I said earlier, I am pretty new to the game. (God knows how many of you are thinking to yourselves "Where has this guy been since Emperor was released?!")

When i play as ordos i'm fairly good in hit and run (damn i love those laser tanks) but when the enemy deploys Fedaykin every armor gets shot to bits :S how do you counter that?? Inf gets shot to bits to and sinds Ordos doesnt have any air support..

For air defense, I think the only way is to train lots of those missile launcher guys that the Ordos have. If I'm not mistaken, the Ordos APC also fires rockets at enemy air units.

Against Fremen Fedaykin, I am totally clueless as to how to defend against them. Can Scouts detect Fremen?

feydakin when normal:

- when you have the time you can put scouts before your base and before your army, when they try to sneak in they get noticed and hopefully shot down.

- fremen snipers

- sardaukar

- buzzsaws

- a bigger quantity of dust scouts / bikes

feydakin when worm riding:

- normal sardaukar

- snipers

- fremen snipers

- flametanks

It's just a matter of mirco

He has mino's

you get lasers

he gets feydakin/kindjall/(elite)sardaukar

you get fremen snipers

he gets bikes

and u can go on like that... in the end, all that matters, is how u use them. (and of course quantity  ;D)

with 1 feydakin you can get down 5 mino's

with 1 mino you can get down 20 feydakin

and it is your job to choose the way that you loose the less, and he losses the most.

And micro.. is a matter of practise

i hope this helps u a bit  ;)

hmmmmm u know i think atreides once they set down a proper mino and sard elite wall and start pushing into ur spicefield with drones its pretty much gg. im wondering, how the heck do the minos miss the lasert tanks. when theyr bunched up they fire in the general direction of the tank, so if u hav 3 minos, the tank dies no matter wad cos of the splash. anyway, the ordos will have a couple of tanks(which will all die as a group cos they clump up unless u have godlike micro).... and elites handle them v well nyway

The atreiders have a huge advantage when they can built, yes, but you shouldn't underestimate ur chances in beating the atr.

fe: they set down a proper mino and sard elite wall and start pushing into ur spicefield with drones

>> feydakin worm riders

there are always combinations to destroy the atreiders, when playing ordos vs atr u shouldn't let the atr build but finish him asap. If you don't do that you can take use of the speed of the ordos and slow mino's, attack their spice / base / new units / small unit groups and avoid his 'wall'. Defeating a atr wall as ordos is hard yes, but with combination of lasers, sniper fremen // kobra's, advanced carryals, feydakin, dusts .... it could be possible.