Anime - Japanimation

Acriku

Any fans out there? List off what you love to share with others! I'll start with what I've seen and liked:

Naruto

Evangelion: Neon Genesis

Ninja Scrolls

Cowboy Bepop

Samurai Champloo

Any groundbreaking animes out there? Champloo looks fucking amazing, so they're getting better with the animation.

I'm not really a fan of the genre in particular, although from a scholarly view it's an interesting style of animation. There's other animated pieces I would list as more entertaining or humorous or more well done or whatever. However I have seen a select few suggested by others that were quite well done. If you're looking for downright good stuff try these if you haven't already:

Perfect Blue - A really great piece of animated cinima; I suggest subtitles instead of dubbed if you need anything at all.

FLCL/Furi Kuri - Very humorous and very strange; six episodes long.

A friend showed a few Cowboy Bebop to me, and while they were well done and humorous, I couldn't quite get completely interested in them. Ninja Scrolls was interesting as well; kinda the epitome of this genre I think.

I've been kind of trying to get into the whole Anime genre for a while, and so far I found it pretty rewarding.

Ghost in the Shell, absolutely.  Though the second movie left a little to be desired.

Akira, eh, I don't know.  It was ok, just really, really odd.

Appleseed was really cool, the graphics were pretty awesome and the plotline was halfway decent.

Lately I've watched several episodes of Fruits Basket, which has been very funny in places, very odd in places, and, I dunno, pretty good overall.

I also watched some Excel Saga, which was just freaking hilarious.

Hellsing

Cardcaptor Sakura

Ghost in the Shell (I didn't like the second movie, but the first and the subsequent miniseries were good)

Ninja Scrolls

Steamboy (not sure if that even counts)

Gravitation

Spirited Away

Pok

Hellsing

Cardcaptor Sakura

Ghost in the Shell (I didn't like the second movie, but the first and the subsequent miniseries were good)

Ninja Scrolls

Steamboy (not sure if that even counts)

Gravitation

Spirited Away

Pok

Outlaw Star was about the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Gundam Wing was good, and I thought Dragon Ball Z kicked some major ass before it started getting into those weird ass extensions. Ghost in Shell always came off as inconsistent to me though, and Champloo, from the few I've seen kicked some major ass.

When I was a kid, I once saw a part of an anime about some girl in bikini armor who travels in a spaceship with her talking cat (or maybe some other small furry animal) and fights space monsters or something. Unfortunately, I had only a glimpse of about 2-3 minutes before the TV transmission went out (duh!), and I never saw that anime again. Anyone knows what was that?

You want some weird ass anime check out Parasite Eve. The finale seems like the animator was stoned all throughout.  :O

Been watching some Ghost in the Shell, that's a pretty cool anime. I like how they communicate by thought to relay commands and advice as they're on duty.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe no one mentioned Trigun! Awesome series.

Then we have:

Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Metropolis, Spirited Away + Howl's Living Castle, Ninja Scroll, Serial Experiments Lain, uhm.. doesn't count: but I liked the Final Fantasy movie as well as FF7: Advent Children (a must see).