v 1.06

prosthetic_eye

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i know a lot about weapons and fire, and violent stuff enough, and machine guns are usually constant rat-a-tat-tat noises, wheras the fremen weapon is a "woosh-pause-woosh" sequence. now correct me if im wrong, but you said "What leads you to believe it's different is simply the sound effect they use." for all we know it could be a laser they're shooting. a sound does play an important part in identifying something. and in the books the only weapons i believe thewy used were crysknives, and maula pistols. i never remember the fremen using machine guns. and what do you mean by "primary and secondary weapons?" you can't choose which ones they use...

I believe it choses what weapon it will use based on where it is in relation to the other unit.

They may be called machine guns when you edit the game but I think they sound like a maula pistols too. Are all infantry weapons called machine guns, other then troopers that is?

Hello all.

This is how it is.

* The Fremen have the weirding modules that were used in the movie but not in the book, having to do with sound, not maula pistols, i know this because in the game code they are labeled as such, as weirding.

* Also you have to remember westwood's license is in regards to the Dune movie and whatever other Dune things they licensed from Universal, or Paramount or DeLaurentis or whoever else owns Dune rights, hence the reference to sonic weapons is taken from the movie, not from the book.

* Lastly, the game Dune 2000, though it has a few indiscrepensies anyway, is set in a time several hundred years before the events in the first Dune books, which is something you have to take into account when you realize they didnt have shields, etc. at that point, except maybe as black ops stuff in secret.

Anyway, thats all i wanted to say. have a good evening. Farewell.

- Jason

Lol, i think Ex is right, though im not sure, but like i said, there are already some major indiscrepancies in the game. Or maybe shields just werent technologcially to a point where they could be used small enough for individual men, or maybe its just because they are really expensive and too hard to maintenance at this point to let every single man have one, or even use excpet for like a baron or duke or somthing... i dont know, use your imgaginations people. :) Well, everybody have a nice day. Farewell.

- Jason.

Guest Clarshh Sepulchre

There were shield at the time period but the shields would causes any worms nearby to go into a killing frenzy.

thanks captain. I really love aftermath. I mentioned you on the jokes by the way about dune.

Reason you like dune to much:

It took you 5 hours of editing and an im message to Captain_Montego, but you made the death hand accurate.