C&C 3: Tiberium Wars discussion thread

Dunenewt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was announced in April but I don't really know when they started working on it.  I'm guessing it wouldn't be that much earlier then the announcement but what do I know.  I just don't wont EA to make the mistake of rushing it.

Heh who knows could be another Tiberium Sun affair... ;)

I don't think they even want to. And why not? Westwood did lots of good games back at the time, and Petroglyph seems to be continuing on the same track (I haven't played anything by them though, but I think/hope they do the "heirs to Westwood" thing quite well). Although EA is not Westwood, I think it's better to have EA's C&C3 than have none (NB! Note that such conformist position of mine should NEVER EVER be applied to the Dune prequels/sequels).

i'd say the chances of eala following TSFS storyline probly wont happen as smoothly as i'd 've wanted, with kanes vision being predicated with the union of the brotherhood of nod and GDI his--my-ou--mymy-yor--our directives must be reassesed..hehe sry i loved that ending..

so far this 'alliance' hasnt gone very far by the look of it :/  so much for  story following, or  is there some edisode i missed?

but as for the 'unknown' race/house, although TS probly hinted at them a few times, the Scrin would be a bit obvious, as is the 'forgotten'

though what if it had something to do with kane and his origins? -not that thats what i think, just figured id mention it, as his 'past' has never been explained even, through his presence in RA1 and the chronosphere always played a thought to that ..

i mean is he really human? or a clone from TSFS? or some botched ra experiment gone wrong, or?

no matter how shit it is i'll buy it, its c&c nuff said...yea  so much for ra3, that was scrapped pretty quick eh, and the predicted title of tiberian twilight.. and cheerz to EA taking WW and bullfrog,  the only thing left to ask myself is  'if EA/BF makes another syndicate,would i buy that?'

yea  so much for ra3, that was scrapped pretty quick eh,

They are EA now, not Westwood. If they can make C&C3 they can make RA3, simple as that.

and the predicted title of tiberian twilight..

Nothing was predicted about it. The second game was called Tiberian Sun, thus it seems logical that the start of all problems in the first game - the new spread and threat of Tiberium, the Brotherhood being so much stronger than anyone knew - thus people started to say "Tiberian Dawn" to the first game. Tiberian Sun is, well, certainly better than Tiberian Day, thus it would be logical that the third game would finish the story - Tiberian Twilight.

the only thing left to ask myself is  'if EA/BF makes another syndicate,would i buy that?'

Bullfrog promised Dungeon Keeper 3... :(

• 1 month later...

The demo is out now, and I've tried it.

Graphics are quite good. Not jaw dropping or anything, but good. What's spectacular is that the game has very low requirements considering how well it looks. It went smooth on my starting-to-age computer with better graphics than I'm used to.

As it's a demo, you don't get to test too much, but this is one of the better demos out there. You get to test everything GDI has to offer. That is good! You can play a skirmish battle with a fully fledged team. What I noticed is that tanks seem a little too over powered. There are some cheap and useless tanks, and then there are some more expensive ass-kicking tanks that in a group of, say, three can level the enemy main base within 25 seconds. It didn't matter if the enemy had lots base defences firing at me. None of my tanks went lower than 90% hp.

Apart from the seemingly over powered tanks, I'd like to see sea units. There's patches of sea in most maps, it seems, and the water looks gorgeous. Would look better with a few battleships on it.

I'm positively surprised that EA could make a C&C game that I liked. The GUI is taken from RA2 and unit controls from Generals.

What I noticed is that tanks seem a little too over powered. There are some cheap and useless tanks, and then there are some more expensive ass-kicking tanks that in a group of, say, three can level the enemy main base within 25 seconds. It didn't matter if the enemy had lots base defences firing at me. None of my tanks went lower than 90% hp.

Balance issues take a big amount of multiplayer games before u really know if something is overpowered or not.

fe if u would play a demo of ebfd (patched) u would think that the mino is overpowered.

i'm gonna dl the demo tonight  ;D

so far I like the demo. the camera isn't very good (like in emp) but still doesn't at least suck that much like many others. I haven't found an option yet to change the mouse-behaviour (walk, attack, etc... on left-click not right-click) and I probably have to change all the hotkeys so the match my emperor hotkeys. but I think I will give the final version a try... need a better videocard though if I wanna enjoy it @ ultra high details on 1920x1200

Does anyone know what machine you have to have in order to play the game on relative high standard? I've got my Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz with 1028 mb ram, Geforce PCX something and some soundcard. I can basically only play it with all video options on low... :(

about the left-click issue in c&c3 - a statement from ea:

"We are going to discuss implementing alternate mouse setup in patch 1.01 for the game as soon as it ships. Do not fear, we fully understand how important this is to you guys, but there are design reason and functionality reasons for the reason it's currrently switched. It's very easy to get  used to, but like most hardcore C&C fans, we know how important your mouse setup is and we intend to do everything we can to put in alternate mouse setup in our first patch."