What Muslims said in a poll about the West

Well, in a CBC special town hall meeting shortly after the terror suspects in Canada recently with Peter Mansbridge, a question brought up by someone was something like "Why don't Muslims protest these terrorists?"

A Muslims responded that "We do not need to protest because it is not our fault, it would be like blaming us for their actions"

Ok, that was a terrible summary :P

But the question I ask is that when someone draws an offensive cartoon, they protest and burn buildings, make threats etc. But as soon as some Islam terrorists attack or plan to attack westerners (such as Ontario terrorists), Muslims do not protest, do pretty much do nothing, other than saying that they should not be to blame. So it pretty much shows they don't care if terrorists bomb westerners, because they protest about cartoons depicting them as terrorists, yet when terrorists are caught, they don't protest that these terrorists make them look like terrorsists more than a cartoon does.

blah.

At least I'm shielded from this crap as my province is 95% white. No real exposure to minorities (except university campus is crawling with minorities.)

Nope. I'm just saying that I am not exposed to minorities. I'm not saying it was a good thing or bad thing or that I have a problem with it.

I remember back many years ago the first time I was over in Halifax (biggest atlantic canada city) with a friend he showed us around, even to the black community (lucky we didn't get shot as they saw some drug dealers that tried to get them before) and some bad neighbourhoods/slums where people get killed. It was interesting.

Back on PEI I doubt I had talked or saw a minority before. Thus I never had to deal with cultural differences, or racism between groups of people (again, Halifax had black/white fights at school that made national news).

Meh, where I live there's too many "minorities".  Well, not too many of them in general, but too many who fail to intergrate, and don't speak a word of english.  There's way too much segregation, although that's what they impose on themselves.  In many cases, they don't want to associate with white people.

@ Dunenewt

That's exactly what a CBC documentary said. More and more people who have lived there for decades say that everything has changed, and they are joining the political party that opposes the immigrants (BNP?). It looks bad in Europe. Definitely a change of demographics than 40 years ago. They say in a couple generations Muslims will be the majority in Netherlands. And since Netherlands politicians are imposing laws that point to Muslims oppression or whatever, I can see the Muslim majority in the future forcing everyone to wear burkas and such. kinda scary.

@ Dunenewt

That's exactly what a CBC documentary said. More and more people who have lived there for decades say that everything has changed, and they are joining the political party that opposes the immigrants (BNP?).

Oh, that's the kind of party that advocates a final solution to the immigration question...

It looks bad in Europe. Definitely a change of demographics than 40 years ago. They say in a couple generations Muslims will be the majority in Netherlands. And since Netherlands politicians are imposing laws that point to Muslims oppression or whatever, I can see the Muslim majority in the future forcing everyone to wear burkas and such. kinda scary.

Actually, the wearing of traditional Muslim dress (which is called hijab, not burka - the burka is a traditional Afghan dress) is not even enforced by law in most Muslim countries. It is enforced by peer pressure and the religious devotion of the women themselves. Simply put, if you don't wear it, your family and neighbors will call you a whore. And many Muslim women feel the same way about exposing their legs or arms, for instance, as Western women feel about exposing their breasts.

Thus the problem is not so much a legal one as a cultural one, and it could be solved by infiltrating Western feminism into Muslim society.

Now that's taking it to an extreme don't you think!  Considering the BNP have Jewish members.

Well, Jews are not among the minorities they hate (as far as I know). They're particularly anti-Muslim.

Uh, Newt, Gloucestershire is 97.3% white (WP).

Oh believe me, it really isn't. Well Gloucester anyway.  And besides, its full of Czechs, Poles, and Slovaks.  Did you hear about that wannabe terrorist, Sajid Badat (something like that)?  His brother was in the year below me at school.  Its hard to find a white person in certain areas of Gloucester.