TidEdit for Dune 2000 goodies...

rasolas

WByte2 = projectile speed. Usu. 1-30. 90< is considered instantaneous. (prob. ignored if WByte3 is not set to 0)

WByte3 = 0 signifies delay projectile. Anything else is instant hit? original settings only used the values 0 and 1 (probably "if (x != 0)")

WByte8 = path correction? (Unable to determine what this does exactly but here are some things I do know)

0 ........... nothing

1 ........... (155 howitzer) ???? unknown effect.

10-20?... **16** is used for unguided rockets (If game crashes set a smoke trail)

30-50?... **48** is used for guided rockets but will also work with projectiles with no smoketrails. (I had a devastator shoot guided plasma (If game crashes set a smoke trail - setting grenades to 48 (requires smoke trail) has a really weird effect

60......... they are still guided but lose their smoke trails.

70......... they aren't guided and appear to be inaccurate (can't hit a stationary target)

100....... ??? weird

129....... (grenades) not guided, apparantly accurate but has a spinning effect on the projectile. Not much else is known.

Byte53 is the byte that sets

vehicle ability to crush Infantry - 0=no, 1=yes ...

That whole thing was added on another forum but i figured that i might help for me atleast to condense it.

Ok i have a way to make 'Thopther's guideable... you can do it to missles too but the effect can be strange. Just remove the special case from it... set it to none... that is it... i would recomend arming with a shoot weapon because it becomes alittle strange with bombing because it hurts itself bombing a stationary point. It also makes the thopther not be able to really fly but only act as a fast tank thing...

Well byte 8 has something to do with the projectile because the sonic gun warp effect is tied into it because when anyother gun is set to the same byte as the sonic it crashes and errors about a lens setup or something like that...

Hey Capitain_Montego... please explain how you go the projectile changed because the myindex way you said is not working for me...

Thanks and i will post more later

• Upvote 1

• 11 years later...

What's TidEdit?

WByte8 = path correction? (Unable to determine what this does exactly but here are some things I do know)

0 ........... nothing

1 ........... (155 howitzer) ???? unknown effect.

10-20?... **16** is used for unguided rockets (If game crashes set a smoke trail)

30-50?... **48** is used for guided rockets but will also work with projectiles with no smoketrails. (I had a devastator shoot guided plasma (If game crashes set a smoke trail - setting grenades to 48 (requires smoke trail) has a really weird effect

60......... they are still guided but lose their smoke trails.

70......... they aren't guided and appear to be inaccurate (can't hit a stationary target)

100....... ??? weird

129....... (grenades) not guided, apparantly accurate but has a spinning effect on the projectile. Not much else is known.

That seems like it could be 8 bit flags, actually.

• 2 weeks later...