What do you think of Fomenko's "New Chronology"?

It is interesting theory and it is done in an interesting fashion however so far I beleive that he is greatly mistaken. He is a mathematician and not a historian. He also needs to present more proof on how could the carbon dating and oter dating methods are wrong. Finally, his theory basis too much on this global wide conspiracy theory, which is hard to beleive given the communications and the ties that existed between parts of the world back in the day. His statstical correlatin could be explained in a lot of cases by the fact that humans tend to go through certain stages of developement in each period of the history that tend to look alike. This is actually is one of the bases for the futurologist to make predictions about the future.

I really don't see how anyone could have "invented" the pyramids or any of the other monuments, cities and ruins that prove the existence of the ancient world. Furthermore, creating fake accounts of an ancient world that never existed would require a massive degree of co-ordination, involving thousands of people across the world - not only in Europe but also in India and China.

Statistical similarities between different historical periods prove absolutely nothing. Correlation is not causation.

I think it's a great theory. Meaning, I love how they imply that all the historians from the Renaissance have been in a big conspiracy. My first instinct is to yell "Far-fetched!" and dismiss it out of hand, but they say the same thing about the accepted timeline, so I guess we're left to decide for ourselves which is more far-fetched. They have no proof to support their theory, but part of their theory is the elimination of all the proof we think we have for our timeline.

Which also makes it useless. Without proof to back up either of the timelines, the world will stick with the old established one. I know I will.