Defending your base thoroughly. From sandstorms

Arraki

When playing the game have you ever noticed that sandstorms regularily appear when you have living world on. Well i have found a unbeatable way of keeping it out of your base. Just build walls all around your base making sure each wall connects to each other, then build up your base and defences, also get a huge stock pile of units and have them outside incase anyone decides to do a raiding party on your harvesters, my best bet for this is being ATR because they have the repair tank and as long as you have it with your units out side your base you will be fine. You can still go HK and ORD but you cannot quickly heal your units, being ORD gives you the self heal ability and being HK lets your units take a hell of a lot more punishment. But I still recommend going ATR.  ;D

Oh and i have realised that my Challenge note for D2k has disappeared, if anyone can still see it please tell me, and if you can't tell me that aswell.

When playing the game have you ever noticed that sandstorms regularily appear when you have living world on. Well i have found a unbeatable way of keeping it out of your base. Just build walls all around your base making sure each wall connects to each other, then build up your base and defences, also get a huge stock pile of units and have them outside incase anyone decides to do a raiding party on your harvesters, my best bet for this is being ATR because they have the repair tank and as long as you have it with your units out side your base you will be fine. You can still go HK and ORD but you cannot quickly heal your units, being ORD gives you the self heal ability and being HK lets your units take a hell of a lot more punishment. But I still recommend going ATR.  ;D

Oh and i have realised that my Challenge note for D2k has disappeared, if anyone can still see it please tell me, and if you can't tell me that aswell.

walls all over the base....humm what a nice strategy..i bet this guy will beat us all...

ok arraki lets start learing here ok...?  i am happy that you found a secret not many of us knows..

which is the walls vs storm thing... but the only reason we dont know about it here on online gamming is because we never put the living world on in our games.. so this strategy can only be used

in the campain missions if you want ..and i dont recomend that you use it because it wont help you

in online gamming......

rule number one:

1_ in online games we never use walls arraki because we need all the time to make other stuff

and anyone who wast time making walls will surly lose...so stop making walls at once

rule number 2

2_did you know that making more than one buliding makes you produce 2 or 3 times faster than making just one buliding (like factoryes and barracks ex...)

and rule number 3  use the attack move when attaking or moving by holding down control + shift so that all ure troups will attack any anemy troups in the way automaticly.....

rule number 3

3_ economy is very importent to the game you must make at least 3 refinerys and never build a refinery untill you fully upgreaded the one befor so that you can still have money to build other stuff..

_ olso dont forget to patch the game to latest patch  1.9  good luck to you and see you soon online...

spicy.... 8)

• 5 years later...

I still remember a game two years ago, in MP, a 1v1 both my self and my opponent where badly messed up. Crippled, seriously. I had a small army left and a minor advantage but the enemy was after my Con yard, I decided to repack and retreat the MCV and use my own army to cover it. Worked perfectly as the enemy was using Devastators and the now badly damaged MCV could outrun them. As if by the hand of the late Curino him self a treacherous sodding sand storm swooped in and finished off the very low HP MCV, thus costing me the match. Was actually very funny but at the time annoying.