News

stefanhendriks

A little message from here since a long time no news...

I have found a new job, it might get me an opening into the IT world and programming, who knows. I also have bought an iBook , and i do recommend it for those who do not play games ;) (or only old ones, ie Quake 1, 2, 3).

I am very occupied with my job. The spare time i do have is filled with relaxing and not touching a computer for a change (or, wirelessly checking my mail on the mac).

So what about d2tm? Well, its not dead. Just sleeping for a while. I do intent to make it work on a mac, so any mac user out there who loves dune 2 will probably enjoy that news. I will develop the game further, i still have a windows PC. The only drawback is that it will take time, which i don't have much.

So, be patient and call me nuts (because of buying a mac that is! :P).

So you won't be releasing what you had done up to this point? I know you made some changes after the last demo was released (in demo 4 which was not released). If you released that testers could screw around with it until D2:TM is back from its sleep.

Good to hear some news and the good news of a new job :)

Hey stefan.

Since you are having a break from this project for a while, is there a chance you could release a demo of what you have done so far...seeing the new explosion effects makes me want to see them in-game!

Maybe a 3.7 release lol? just wondering, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I am very busy atm, but whenever i find the time i might just do that.

Due the d2tm project i can show my work i can code, though i did never have any papers for that. It accelerates my possibilities/chances in the company so i am very excited i can be of some assist in their software development right now. Its small, but its a start, especially since i do not have the 'papers' to do that kind of work.

• 5 months later...

My computer just messed up, so i have to reinstall a lot of stuff, delaying things more. I did however start to design a website to profile myself a bit further; you can take a sneak peek at http://www.fundynamic.com , though the site there is already outdated (and will not show very nice on IE, FF rules). It also has not content, its just about the design right now...

Anyway, i will be formatting my pc after this post, so if you wonder why it takes a while for me to respond it might be just that...

• 2 weeks later...

While reinstalling my PC i have been using my mac more then the pc. Now i am at a point where i always use my Mac. I don't play games at all, only when i visit a friend (and thats even on the mac... Using bootcamp). Therefor consider my windows PC as testing case, and for backups.

I will lock this topic now.