Dune Mini directors cut strangeness?

Sober

So I went and bought the Dune mini, Director's Cut. Movie looks intact (watched it, pretty good IMO) and the special features seem to be there.

What I found weird was the case's opening cover had a flap for something that should be there, but there isn't anything. Second, DVD 3 is different from the other 2. It specifically says "Special Edition" and "Disc III - The Prophet" with a different CD cover design on it, while the other two look like generic DVDs.

Well, everything's there, and all intact when I bought it, maybe I'm just being super anal about it.

Now if I could only find the Children of Dune mini, I can't find anywhere around my area that has a copy. (Short of the internet)

The flap is supposed to contain a small booklet and there are supposed to be designs on all three of the DVD's.

Did it include the scene of Paul and Lei in the weirding room?

The flap is supposed to contain a small booklet and there are supposed to be designs on all three of the DVD's.

No booklet, and first 2 aren't marked SE, design is just Paul and Chani's backs and the dune sea. Only disc 3 is marked SE, has Paul and Leto. Strange.

Did it include the scene of Paul and Lei in the weirding room?

If that was in Disc 1 or 2, don't remember seeing it.

And I bought it from BestBuy too, how did I somehow land the strange copy?  :-

Might try to return it for the same copy, but I'm not sure if this qualifies as non-defective... and not to mention the BestBuy has only this 1 copy (that I have) and is within anywhere reasonably close to where I live.

No booklet, and first 2 aren't marked SE, design is just Paul and Chani's backs and the dune sea. Only disc 3 is marked SE, has Paul and Leto. Strange.

If that was in Disc 1 or 2, don't remember seeing it.

And I bought it from BestBuy too, how did I somehow land the strange copy?  :-

Might try to return it for the same copy, but I'm not sure if this qualifies as non-defective... and not to mention the BestBuy has only this 1 copy (that I have) and is within anywhere reasonably close to where I live.

If disc one does not contain a scene of Paul learning about a sandworm via a holographic recording, followed by him walking through the keep into the weirding room where he meets Leit-Kynes and has a discussion with hima bout dew collectors, than that dvd is not the se and you should get an exchange.

Omg, while looking at my directors cut version it fell apart!!

The first part that holds cd1 came completely off.

That pisses me off.

Here's a scan of cd1 (which fell off >:( )

disc18cl.png

Anyone know how to make it better? :(

Yeah, mine had been falling apart for about a year and completely broke last fall/winter.  Same part too.

• 4 weeks later...