FED2k coming back to life?

GUNWOUNDS

what do you mean by coming back to life? actually the site IS very alive all the time. I guess there was a lot more activity back then when the dune games were played more... but anyway: the site / the forum is alive all the time, don't you think?

Yeah, I must agree this board was much MUCH livelier back in the day in 2002, when we had good old Gunseng Harkonnen and Ixianmace and everybody. I think they're still around... but not very often though.

Oh, and Doc Nyar too ;D

I have the power to stop any discussion in any topic, as witnessed in Oblivion and Advent Children. Beware!

But seriously, I haven't noticed a big chance. There's been a little more posting than usually, but that's it. The old elites are still hanging around, but it seems that every possible topic has been dealt with at least twice.

My internet has been down for 12 days. :(

I think the numbers might be skewed or calculated differently than before.

Fed2k was definitely more active before. I'd be offline for the weekend and when I got back on monday, there would be 1 or two pages of new replies in different threads in general board.

I've been offline for 12 days and 14 threads have new replies. But maybe my bigger monitor makes it looks smaller. :)

trying to make up for something there andrew?  ;)

No. My old 15 inch monitor just sucked (next up is a flatscreen monitor once this one dies, as my current one takes up my whole desk) :P

Eh, it all moves fluently, somedays its on like donkey kong.. and other days its off like it got tasered by a 100,000 volts of wtf.

I remember one controversial thread which got like 15 pages in one day. I was like WTF? As I missed the first 1/2 of the thread.

Yah, I'd go by number of posts and new threads, over page views.

When does the competition start for when the main page gets 2 million views?

wtf its at 1929306, I thought it was like 1.6 million last time I checked. Best get on with that competition!

In the early days I just watched as a guest before I got round (became brave enough) to join in and post comments.

These days I have gone back to doing the same and I have noticed a lot of other "guests" viewing also at times during evenings/weekends.

So I think people still come to Fed2K, but few of the topics excite them enough to comment on them (as was said earlier everything gets repeated at least twice - woops just repeated a comment!) ;)

I can remember the modding section had lots of mods on the go, now there is mine and duneNewts and both those have been dragging on for a couple of years now - which I expect does not make for very interesting reading.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, the numbers for May are in, and we've got even more page views than during April. Gob, is there any change in the way page views are counted, so as to account for this sudden jolt?

Btw, regarding the bit about every subject having been discussed at least twice - the reason for that is because every subject in the world has information that interests the general public and information that only interests the people who have special knowledge/skills in that subject. We haven't gone past general public level on any subject (because we're not a specialized forum), so we're bound to repeat things. And since we don't have many new members, we don't hear many new opinions.

Well, I'm not sure about that. There are only 2 or so active topics in General, none of which appeal to me since they don't give much chance for discussion(I'm not into fencing or Magic: The Gathering, and the movie spotting thread is boring), and most of the other forums are dead. Well, Fan Fiction has chatfsh's thread, but it's not exactly the most interactive thread ever made ;) I don't have Battlefield 2, or at least the legal copy, nor do I have any technical problems, nor am I interested in butting heads with Edric or any other 'hardcore' debaters in PRP. Politics, Religion, and Philosophy does seem to have only one or two active threads, anyway. Overall, I'd actually say Fed2k is dieing. That's also why I've stopped visiting so much, and started to visit Fictionpost and Totse more and more. :-

I'd say bots are page viewing.

I remember that on another forum. Like Yahoo! is visiting the forum and stuff like that. Quite retarded, if you asked me.

And if you think the forum being dying justifies lack of activity on an individual's part, you're quite wrong, because that just exacerbates the problem. Imagine if everyone does that...

... Whatever. It's starting to sound like the multiplier effect :P

• 3 weeks later...

OEWAAAAH!

*wakes up after a year sleep*

Well, i've been checking from time to time. Didn't realy find topics interesting enough to reply to so I hardly ever replied to anything. But looking at my own activity last months. I have been checking a bit more often lately. Maybe i'll even start posting again!  ::)

• 3 weeks later...