interface

UsulSK

hi,

are you happy with the current interface?  I think its kinda confusing.  one selects units with the left-mouse-button and one moves and attacks with the left mouse button.  I often accedently move where I dont want to move or de-select units. 

I know you probably wont change that now, but I would prefer the starcraft-interface:  select with left-click, action with right-click.  imo its more intuitive and less error-prone. 

ok, I guess its too late now and its a matter of taste.  MAYBE if you have too much time you could implement an option to change the interface-style? 

anyway, the game is fun and I cant wait for multiplayer.

If Stefan wrote the game with OO and re-useability in mind, I bet he can implement such a feature, without too much problems. Basicly, it means he could have several configuration schemes, where one could choose a setting they like: Classic RTS style, or a different style(A la starcraft/aoe).

If Stefan wrote the game with OO and re-useability in mind, I bet he can implement such a feature, without too much problems.

OOP is only half the solution.  A game needs to have a good architecture/framework, follow basic design-principles (like high cohesion or low coupling) and design-patterns should be applied where they make sense.  Only then changes like that can be made without too many problems.

• 2 months later...

similarily the stupid shit unit cap is also another wonderful Blizzard creation.

I like unit cap because it weakens tank-rushing and strenghtens tactics imo.  The best compromise would probably be that the server may choose.

unit cap is only useful when having a 'low' unit cap or have some units count more then as one. Ie, heavier tanks are 2 'units'  worth, etc. Only then it could be 'tactically' worthy. Its not bad but it has its downsides. The best way to satisfy everybody is make things optional ;)