Hi Everyone: Do you think there be another Dune game?

mikew30

Hi Everyone:

Just asking do you think there be another Dune game after Emperor Battle for Dune story line?  I like to see want the new Emperor does and will he start wars on other Houses.  Just a thought but I hope there be a new dune game down the road from EA or other game company.

Using that storyline, I hope not. If they do decide to do a new Dune game, I hope they do it "right" and use the books as their template, not a heavily distorted version of distorted (but good) movies.

I enjoyed the previous games; a lot. But I think their time is over and it's time to make games that are a bit less molded and a bit more interested.

Give me a job an the Dune licence, and I'll make you a game you'll abandon crack to play.

I hope there will be no games in the EBFD storyline, and definitely no games based on prequels :P

Dune Generations... Something like that, or even better ::)

BTW, there could be a Hitman-style game in the Dune universe with a main character who is an assasin in the service of the Emperor or maybe some rich Great House. He'd travel to different planets on his missions, and thus a broad picture of Duneiverse could be projected onto our monitors ;D

Using that storyline, I hope not. If they do decide to do a new Dune game, I hope they do it "right" and use the books as their template, not a heavily distorted version of distorted (but good) movies.

Sigh.  The loss that was Dune Generations.

• 2 weeks later...

The one that was never completed ? Was it RPG ?

Not really, although it had some elements (you picked some stuff about yourself).

It was more of a RTS like homeworld, and whatever the game Gob liked back a couple years ago (kinda like Emperor but not really :/)

I personally think we have seen the last official one for quite some time. It would need someone to buy the license, so until one of us gets rich...it will not happen. I could be wrong, for example, I dont know if those licenses expire, in which case when they do, we could see more games come out.  :-

• 3 months later...

If Electronic Arts hold the license to Dune then it's unlikely they will make a new Dune game. Also whilst a game following the original storyline would seem good in many peoples eyes it limits a game to what it can be so it would effectively kill the game. You should never copy off a book or film to make a game, they should always be unique. If a Dune game had to be made going off the official storyline then it would have to be based like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, in the past before any movies happened. A perfect example would be when the Fremen came to Dune or around that era, another is the first spice harvesting missions.

Electronic Arts only makes games to make money, they don't care about the enjoyment factor and no heart or dedication goes into their games. Hopefully someone will buy the rights for the Dune games back.