C&C 3 Confirmed?

Shiroko

Why aren't you lot that interested!?

C&C3 Feature List:

New Race, new war, and a new story.

C&C 3 will take the popular series back to its roots in the Tiberium Universe and features the fast, fluid gameplay that Command & Conquer is known for and a gripping story that will redefine storytelling in RTS games.

C&C 3 begins in the year 2047. Tiberium

I REALLY hope Kane is played by the original actor.

I loved that Kane!!!

He was just so... KANE!

That actor should get a medal. He's too good.

And he has the beard... THE BEARD!!!

cast05.jpg

His name is Joseph D. Kucan.

Ok, there's more ownage about this guy! Not only is he one of the best actors in the world, and has the coolest beard in the world, but he has also directed all of Westwood's games!

Look here!

According to Wikipedia, Joseph Kucan would be back as Kane. A long time ago, before Westwood was disbanded, I heard they recorded some videos with him as Kane. He must be one of my favourite villains of all time I have to say. Hell, I even grew the same beard he has :D ....

Kane! Kane! Kane! Kane! All hail!

This news made my day. :) I just hope EA actually sticks to the storyline and picks up where Firestorm left off. The GDI is supposed to know how to fight against tiberium itself thanks to the Tacitus, Nod is supposed to be in a fragile alliance with GDI, and Kane/CABAL are supposed to be working with the Scrin.

Well from what I gathered the story could be put together simply. Nod apparently detroys the GDI's satelite HQ. This means that the cease-fire between the two sides is over. Mostlikely they are follwoing Slavick as their leader. Now i can see how it could be said that Slavick preach the Kane philosophy before it got corrupted by alien text. This of course has popular support among people. Than we have GDI struggling with HQ to do something. Without HQ the support GDI had could start to decrease. Also the secret to cleaning Tiberium could be lost. Most likely the new leader rises to command GDI. (Most likely the player). Kane/CABAL is still alive and starts its whole idea over again. Here is the surprising new side of the conflict. Since Kane knows alien text and alien technology his new units would be looking alien. GDI will of course win.

Nod will ally with GDI again when the CABAL resurfaces. and so we have like RA2 Yuri's revenge type of game. Where you first play for Soviets and Allies (who unite together midway through) and after you win both of their campaigns you get the Yuri's campaign.

there is only one thing I take interest in: will the camera be as good as in emperor or will it suck and way to close to the units like in most modern rts... I hope there will be an answer to this soon.

The question is how NOD could become so strong. They were but a weaker state in the first game, then they became a union of nations, and now they have the world by the balls. Despite this, GDI always win (the storyline continues from GDI perspective).

How NOD could have become so strong. Well after the during the firestorm NOD was not at war with GDI so it could start rebuilding itself. It also might still had one of those missiles hanging around from the time Kane was in charge. Right as the GDI and NOD finish off the CABAL they might launch a surpires attack and destroy Philadelphia station. Than GDI without its HQ can't rally support while NOD could credit the whole CABAL destruction to itself and win support. Than you get people and financing enough for them to become strong again. Except what ideology would they follow now, their leader (Kane) was clearly not acting in their best interests. So the whole ideology needs adjustment in order not to attract support and keep the current members in.

And how about letting NOD come out of C&C 3 as a winner. That will be great and unexpected twist. GDI would have to go underground and become more guerilla like organization.

Overall the story is going to spin around the Philadelpia station. Mostlikely it going to crash and into the Yellow Zone (zone where the tiberim is not dominant yet but is present). Half the game the sides will be fighting to get access to it as well as normilise the situation the second half they would be fighting against the "new side" CABAL/KANE side.