IMPORTANT >>> READ NOW>> FOR OLD PLAYERS AND NEW!!

FoX4Play

My name is FoX4Play. Some of you might remember me from about 6 years ago when I used to be the most active. After this long time,  I have decided to come back to Dune 2000 and I also plan to bring back alot of older members. Some of you may ask, how do you plan to bring more members to this game?. I mean, it has been tryed before.. and has become unsuccessful. Well to answer your question, its called Mirc  (www.mirc.com) .  I have been playing alot of games for the past 4 - 6 years and have sinced used Mirc. There is a server called NETGAMERS that is on this program and beleive it or not, there are several hundred people using this program. Another question you may ask is., "Well, everyone isn't gonna wanna buy a dune 2000 cd just because you wanna play it". And this is very true.. But the only thing is, With the help of RotorZ, we have both worked around all the bugs and we can now send out a file pack that allows you to play this game online without any CD or any install whatsoever!!. So.. wouldn't anyone we ask that likes to play Online Games WANT to try this out?? OFC.. The only catch is.. I NEED YOU.. The Players that still play to help me.. GET ON MIRC.. GET IN THE DUNE2000 CHANNEL.. Help me recruit new players!! It is very easy.. I myself could and will bring about 50 new players to the community. If we all just put in our two cents.. we could have a nice player base back at dune 2000. So far RotorZ and I have found it too be bug free.. and works well. Also.. Those who can't get online.. my email is xrideordiex16@hotmail.com. I WILL GET YOU ON.. SO DONT GIVE UP. So.. it breaks down like this.. go to www.mirc.com, Download mirc. Input a username and your real/fake email address. Then you will come to a white window. You will need to type, in the bottom area, /server  irc.netgamers.org. This will bring you to the server. Then all you got to do is type /join  #dune2000 and your done!! Dont be surprised if It's only me in there!! After all This is my first night announcing this!! If I see progress, I will further my efforts to bring this game back.. Thank You Very Much for your time.

Fox4Play

Assistant Manager

Dune 2000 Help Team

Hey, check out the Dune Wiki (link on the main page).  I started a section in the duniverse article on the old dune 2000 clans but haven't had much time to update it.  Feel free to add in what you remember.

Well 4play nice to see you!!! I am also coming back to the game of dune! I will do my best to get all the old players i remember back here!!! trixy prinsy prince tin tu all you guys!!! get your arses on here!! :)

Nerd

DUDE!!! Why didn't you tell us before that their was an alternative to XWIS. How well does it run? Do you go oos alot? Does it lag badly? If it doesen't do those things I will make a comeback tour. =P XWIS has me pissed me off in the past so badly on its inability to act on Dune2k that I left dune. But I will come if these people care.

Hey, check out the Dune Wiki (link on the main page).  I started a section in the duniverse article on the old dune 2000 clans but haven't had much time to update it.  Feel free to add in what you remember.

Ty for the link.. I will surely do so..

FoX4Play

DUDE!!! Why didn't you tell us before that their was an alternative to XWIS. How well does it run? Do you go oos alot? Does it lag badly? If it doesen't do those things I will make a comeback tour. =P XWIS has me pissed me off in the past so badly on its inability to act on Dune2k that I left dune. But I will come if these people care.

Like ARedPain said.. It is still the same XWIS server that you speak of. Only thing is.. It seems to be running just fine in my eyes. There is, however, a small problem with XP it seems. but like others have said, you must only "right click" the DUNE.EXE file and go to its properties and change the compatibiblity mode to 95/98. Either one should work, although 95 is sometimes reccommended. "dont ask me" With using this mode, the user chat will seem to still have a "split-screen" but, when you actually play the game "when map is up for the game u are playing" the whole map is visable, thus, normal. All other issues please add my user name xrideordiex16@hotmail.com and PM/IM me. if you dont have msn/hotmail. You can write me an email at adamhaskins2@yahoo.com and leave your contact information. Hope this isn't too much to ask.. cause I will have to work harder then you getting u fixed up and ready to go.. :) See ya in the battlefield!!

FoX4play

Well man I can't get back on my desktop computer has been stolen and my cd drive on my labby doesen't work. So if we get a no-cd version install of dune2k I will get on.

I was wondering though if you'd remember my earlier nic IceSolidX because you recruited me to FoX before you left. But then after you left their was about 6 months were no FoX got on and I quit. About acouple months later I joined DLA.

There is a no cd-version and you can only get it from me or rotorz. If you are still wanting to play. Let me know and I will get you all setup. Just add my name on msn or send me an email of ways to contact you. The starting post of this thread explains ways to contact me. Hope to see ya there.

FoX4Play

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind comingb ack and playing a few games - I'm sad you didn't mention me there Nerdy. :P

Is it me, or do I not see anyone mentioned from any of the old Dune clans? Like.. AoD, DaF, BoP, IGW and a few others. I even remember the whole jerski family! lol.

I wouldn't mind comingb ack and playing a few games - I'm sad you didn't mention me there Nerdy. :P

Hey Xfactor, it's Neo. I registered if only to say hi because I saw you make a post. I'd come back to play a few games too just for old times sake, though I havn't played the game since most of us stopped playing years back.

Hey Xfactor, it's Neo. I registered if only to say hi because I saw you make a post. I'd come back to play a few games too just for old times sake, though I havn't played the game since most of us stopped playing years back.

Neo! How are you doing my British Columbian friend? :) I miss ya man - what are you up to these days. I'd surely play for old times sake as well; has anything come of this. What is this program that you and Rotorz have come up with. I've got a lot of people that want to play Dune with me as I've been talking about it lately (hence the googling of it) and could get probably a good 100 people to come and play again with us, fresh legs too, if it were free and online. So spill the goods!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. Some of you probably remember me, Vinsanity,DirtyBoP mostly amongst other names. I'm major old school since the beginning. I was in BoP for a long time & in a ton of other clans.

I won 5 month(3 overall, 2 house) ladder championships which was the most ever when they cut off the website that had them.

I played with Trix & Tu all the time. Facy will remember me ;)

Outlaw sounds familiar.

• 4 weeks later...