US Immigration Controversy

I don't see why people dislike foreigners. I think it is the illegal foreigners that piss them off.

(If people actually are for deporting the legal foreigners, I'd like to read about it :))

Thus trying to make the laws tougher for illegal immigrants (and also harder to illegally immigrate). This somehow makes people racist and against immigrants.

If the purpose is to keep them out because they're foreign, or penalise them for not holding 'correct' citizenship, then yes. If, on the other hand, the purpose is to safeguard the economy or lower the crime rate or reduce the ratio of blue to green elephants or some crazy reason like that, then no.

None. Except for the immigrants of course, but if they're causing crime then they aren't wanted anyway. You don't seem to grasp that it is possible to disagree with parts of an argument while still remaining undecided on the conclusion. I don't think that illegal immigrants should be deported just because they are foreigners, I think they could be deported because they are criminals. Or for some other reason that doesn't involve country of origin, such as economy or elephants.

But like I said, the argument doesn't apply to me so I have no reason to take a stand for either side. This is just me slipping into an argument for the sake of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, does America have free healthcare? I was under the impression that it was very much... not.

Not really. But the Hospitals have to take you in if you are Ill or Injured- Regardless of ability to pay. Which means (Here is a Situation).

Honcho, out mowing Grass- Chops his hand off attempting to retrieve a glove caught on his Mower. Honcho goes to the Hospital, they will attend to him, Perform Surgery ETC. He is an Illegal Immigrant, With no Insurance.

Jurgis, a Local Fisherman- Catches a bad case of Pneumonia. He is taken to the Hospital, and taken in for a week. Administered drugs and Treatments. He is an Illegal Immigrant, With no Insurance.

Those two Illegals have no Insurance, no way to pay, No nothing. So, The Government- Uses LEGAL Citizens and Immigrant's Tax Dollars to pick up Honcho & Jurgis's tabs. Is this Fair? Well, They are entitled to the aid they receive- Everyone is. But the difference is, They don't pay any taxes into the system that just paid out Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars for their Treatment. Is this fair? I think not.

I completely support making it EASIER to become a citizen, but at the same time- I'm an advocate of cracking down HARD on Illegals, Making the Borders harder to cross Illegally and removing people that are here Illegally, but refuse to become Legal.

They don't pay any taxes into the system that just paid out Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars for their Treatment. Is this fair? I think not.

But this is going on in just about any country. Leaving someone to die just because they're not citizens is plain barbaric. People are donating millions if not billions to people in Africa, people they never even see, they do this every year.

But this is going on in just about any country. Leaving someone to die just because they're not citizens is plain barbaric. People are donating millions if not billions to people in Africa, people they never even see, they do this every year.

I did not say that it should not happen. My point was, these people are using and abusing a system put in place to help the poor of the United States- Payed for by my Tax Dollars. Barbaric or not, I'm not working to support the Medical Bills of 8? Million Border-Jumpers. Thats not fair to my fellow Legal residents and ME!

What does Africa have to do with anything?

Over 11 million of them, so I've read. But those are only estimates, of course.

Otherman, he's not saying we should let them die, but not letting them get away with systematicly abusing the system.

If I were in charge, I'd deploy small army detachments to the border. No kidding. Regardless of the stance you have on the immigrants that are already there, I think we can all agree that stopping further illegal immigration is warranted, right?

Besides the US' border zone is virtually a lawless wasteland right now where the local (legal) inhabitants are stuck in the middle of the migration path of not just immigrants, but also drugs smugglers and armed gangs. People have died, mind you, and those that live there can't possibly move (who'd buy their old land?) That alone would warrant military deployment IMO, but the government is doing nothing. Can you believe that? And because of their inaction some have already started taking justice in their own hands.

http://www.ranchrescue.com/

Barbaric or not, I'm not working to support the Medical Bills of 8? Million Border-Jumpers. Thats not fair to my fellow Legal residents and ME!

The amount of tax that goes into the wellfare system is close to nothing compared to what goes into the US war machine. Where is the uproar against that?

If I were in charge, I'd deploy small army detachments to the border. No kidding.

Or why not simply punish the employer with a prison sentence of 20 years? Make a new law (or enforce if you have one) that requires the employer to look at the record of whoever wants to work there. You could build a 50 feet stone wall along the whole border, people would still immigrate to the US.

The amount of tax that goes into the wellfare system is close to nothing compared to what goes into the US war machine. Where is the uproar against that?

I am quite Anti-War. And I have attended Rallies, signed petitions and written Articles due to my Anti-War stance. But what does this have to do with the topic at hand? Please avoid changing the subject.

(If you have not noticed, I am a Liberal- But I'm not a Bleeding Heart Liberal.)

I did not say that it should not happen. My point was, these people are using and abusing a system put in place to help the poor of the United States- Payed for by my Tax Dollars. Barbaric or not, I'm not working to support the Medical Bills of 8? Million Border-Jumpers. Thats not fair to my fellow Legal residents and ME!

What does Africa have to do with anything?

You pay tax at 17 in america? dang y'all must get tiny pay checks after the tax man has gotten to it.

You pay tax at 17 in america? dang y'all must get tiny pay checks after the tax man has gotten to it.

At a certain amount of pay you are required to pay some taxes. It's only been a couple years ago that I was makin enough to have to pay taxes on it. I don't think it matters how old you are (just how much money you're getting in income).

illegal immigrants don't put that much of a strain on the US. I line in freaking LA, I'm a minority (well caucasion, but that's minority status in LA). From what I've seen, teh strain on schools is from the budget cuts made to education, and the rise in prices is from people migrating from the midwest/east coast to california. mexico is a horrible place to live, the none tourist cities are really, really bad and the government is pretty damn corrupt too. I'll post statistics later, but no job I would want to do is "stolen" by illegal immigrants. Infact, all of the jobs that are being stolen are by people who came here legally on tempory work permits known as H-1Bs and H-2Bs. Oh, and watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEl6HdfqWM