need help installing nocd patch

From memory, and never having bothered doing this:

You make 3 folders on your hard drive, in the emperor folder. Copy the contents of the the CDs into the respective folders (so REAL CD2 -=> "CD2" on the hard drive). CD2 could be any of the 3 house CDs (I dont know which it is... Atr ?

Let me know how you get on.

Just go into your Emperor folder, Right click and select new - folder, and name them accordingly. I did them the same number as on the face of the disk's.  Atr is disk 2 Hark is 3 and ordos is 4. So It should look like- C:WestwoodEmperorCD2,  etc. I just copied the entire contents of each disk into the respective folders and it has worked fine for me, no problems, skirmish, campaign, and online all work fine. For some reason though, I had to copy the files individually, dragging the whole disk over into the new folder didn't work.

• 7 years later...

Hi!

I've been searching for a No-Cd Patch/Crack for months for V1.09 of course.Please give me instructions on which no cd patch/crack to install and HOW TO  INSTALL IT.

I've downloaded other no cd patches for it and it works until I go to skirmish then a dialog box pops up: "Please insert an Emperor Disk". Any information would be much appreciated. Thank You.