Dune 4 to be announced in next PC Gamer?

Copec

http://cncden.com/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=223

PC Gamer: "Imagine, if you will, an RTS franchise - a hugely popular one that's been out of the lime-light for a while. No, not that one, the other one. Yes, that's it. Now imagine picking up the June issue of PCG and seeing that we've got a world exclusive scoop on the new game in the series. Wouldn't that be glorious?"

C&C, Starcraft or Dune?

Ya, I can see how Emperor did that to the last crowd. I was fortunate enough to have *just* enough to run it myself. And... I would have liked to see more content, better gameplay, a much better AI ect. rather then flashy graphics in that one.

Course their primary problems of a shitty plot (it seemed extreamly amaturish) and--from what I heard from the online players--poor support(from the whole disbanning of the subcompany) would be the biggest problems.

I'm personally a fan of having a TBS driven campaign rather then a linear story driven campaign in an RTS myself; then if necessary (and usually can be fun) have senario based campaings that focus on a more linear plot.

I fancy it's Starcraft 2. They've just dropped Starcraft: Ghost (or postponed it "until further notice"), so I guess it's high time for Starcraft 2 to show up, in order to not disappoint the fans.

I think Blizzard hasn't officially announced Ghost cancellation yet, but I've heard the rumors. And it seems logical to me, too: they tarried with it far too much, somewhat the story of Warcraft Adventures is repeating itself.

I don't htink it will be another dune game... dune is a classic, of course. basically because dune 2 was the first rts ever to hit the market and be the fundament for all rts that followed, especially c&c - but still the follow ups dune2000 and emperor were never as profitable as other games (c&c / starcraft) were and that's what it all about these days, especially for EA games... those ************

I hope it's not a Dune game. They'd better be staying away from the Dune series altogether, for I doubt they would get any better than Emperor.

And the more content being more graphics problem too. For heaven's sake, please make a game that runs on MY computer!

Hmph. :-

The sad thing is that you can ask anybody under 20 if they know what Dune is, and most say no. And you ask the most important question, and they tell you that C&C made this style of gameplay...:(

And I have to believe that was EA's intent to make sure people remembered that falsehood when they axed Dune from any lineup they have, they won't event support Emperor! Yet they gave me help with Red Alert a few weeks ago, albeit telling me they didn't know how to get it to work on XP. Jesus; how big headed can they be?

So, I am not holding out too much misplaced hope that Dune will be announced, EA views it as a stain on their record for not coming up with it first, IMO, and wants to make sure nobody remembers it.

Well I do remember that it was mentioned something around that time... I never took notice. If it's a prank, I wont ever hear about it again.

Frankly, Starcraft is due for an upgrade, Command and Conquer is always revivable as the "real world fiction" king of the hill, and Dune is in some slumber.

Emperor seemed to me a bit like a bunch of aficionadi deciding to make "what Dune game should have been" for its little public, and then it went back to the wardrobe.

• 2 weeks later...

i come from many leagues away to say this !

if dune 4 is made i will be so happy, current RTS games are just so... economy based you know :-/

all the tanks have to sit there and shoot, all the units run up and hit, or they just shoot. theres no heavy recoil anything, you cant outrun missles, you cant hit and run

its build economy, attack, die, build attack die build attack die

RTS IMO are just boring now...

... plus id love to see a machine crusade set one >_> ... <_< ...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...