Chef leaves South Park

gowachin

The soul singer Isaac Hayes has resigned from his role as Chef in the hit anti-establishment cartoon series South Park.

Hayes said it was in response to the US TV show's satirical attacks on religion, which he saw as part of a "growing insensitivity toward personal spiritual beliefs" in the media.

The show's co-creator, Matt Stone, said in a statement on the show's website that Hayes' resignation "has nothing to do with intolerance and bigotry and everything to do with the fact that Isaac Hayes is a Scientologist and that we recently featured Scientology in an episode of South Park".

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1730828,00.html

I wonder which side is true? Personally, I believe what Matt Stone saying is on-the-ball... I see too many people willing to poke fun at anothers religion, and not thier own.

Anyway... I will miss Chef.

The plot thickens. Tom Cruise blackmailed Viacom into scrapping a rerun of said episode that ridiculed scientology, threatening that if it was run he would cancel all publicity for Mission: Impossible 3

That's the first time somebody managed to censure South Park.

Their response:

So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!

--Trey Parker and Matt Stone, servants of the dark lord Xenu.

;D

Yeah, he was on the episode last night. It was on in the background while I wrote a paper, but it seemed like it was about Chef returning and was changed (he suddenly wanted to molest children, etc). It was hilarious when the kids confronted this travel group that goes to every corner of the world to molest children of different tribes, one of them said to "have never experienced a white man's erect penis." Didn't catch the ending though.