Just played Dune II the maker but the graphics are tiny ! helped

Slurf

by the way...as most of you i have been a long time fan of Dune II and played it over and over again. But on my WinXp PC the sound still won't work even with the patch and also the game is very unstable. Looking for some solution i found several DUNE II clones this week (Dune IV for example), but this The Maker variant looks even more promissing. Great to see someone putting so much time in getting me and all of you a worthy successor !

Jochem

Here's a screen shot,

1024x768

tiny01.jpg

is it supposed to look so small? if i use the lowest screen res it is still quite odd in appearance. Windowed or not it doesn't see to have any effect.

and another one

512x384

tiny02.jpg

Grtz

Jochem

Hi

Ik just played demo3, works great ! only thing i found is, when i ordered for example a quad from a newly build light factory (after it was destroyed) it wasn't deployed until i selected the factory and pressed P. And i was thinking why aren't those quads coming out!  :D

Jochem

That's a nice bug find! :)

So if you have a building that is the primary one, and it gets destroyed, the other building that is still up does not put out the units until you tell it to be the primary building?

indeed, i had already given several build commands and wasn't paying attention, so when an attack in progress was over and i wanted to go back to my freshly build units there were none!

Jochem

good to hear, i did not notice this bug either.

After i selected the factory and pressed P the units came rolling out again (but the money spend on earlier build commands was gone of course).Perhaps this bug also manifests itself if you have more than one factory. In my case i had just 1 factory, it was destroyed, rebuild and didn't deploy. I read Andrews' message the wrong way. 

Jochem