First Chapter of Hunters of Dune

nessus87

• 1 month later...

Chapter 5 is up.

http://dunenovels.com/dune7blog/page88.html

Am I the only one getting words underlined? Is it normal?

underlineux4.th.jpg

I have those words underlined as well, so it'in the .pdf itself. No idea why they did it, it would make sense to make Ithaca cursive, for example, but underlining it is weird.

Anyway, I don't really see why a Reverend Mother would allow herself to be needlessly tortured; they could stop their own hearts after all.

I have those words underlined as well, so it'in the .pdf itself. No idea why they did it, it would make sense to make Ithaca cursive, for example, but underlining it is weird.

Anyway, I don't really see why a Reverend Mother would allow herself to be needlessly tortured; they could stop their own hearts after all.

Are they intent on killing off the writing style or something? The underlines look really horrible...

Then again, it's BH and KJA. No surprise! 8)

Edit: I think they're meant to be italics.

The chapter is so depressingly small... and completely made out of some sci-fi-horror suspense ??? Abandoned decks and torure rooms may be cool, but this is not Dune >:(

Word. Unfortunately. :-

22nd August.. who's planning to get this book?

Now that you mention it, that is very odd. Maybe they were drugged or the brain was cut off from the heart, but that would make torture pointless if they couldn't feel below the head. A flaw?

I mean in the prequels BG could go invisible or implant diseases or blow up peoples brains, but they couldn't kill themselves? ha!

NHJ BV and MrFlibble, how exactly did you two got "pearls of Leto's consciousness"?

To me it always seemed to be that the worms were thereafter more as Leto, with his singular way of guiding Mankind (with impact on spice and so on). Super worms with some kind of human (Leto) part permitting Leto to continue a kind of "reign" in a natural way (or from a natural host anyway).

First I perceived the "pearls" as a pure metaphor. Due to his prescient abilities, Leto shaped the future of mankind and then set it free, leaving the sandworms as his only heritage. However, I'm now inclined to think that, because of the changes that happened to both Leto and the sandtrout in the fused body of the God Emperor, the post-Leto generation of sandworms carries the genetically stored Other Memory of the Atreides. If it is truly so, someone (probably a person of Atreides bloodline) can repeat Leto's feat and, by creating and new human-worm body, awaken the Other Memory and Leto himself.

All five chapters are pretty short and....nothing really happens.....there doesn't seem to be much continuity, other than the recap of what happened in the "previous" book....except that now the "Ones Of Many Faces" are just called "The Enemy" and there is some all-seeing all powerful benevolent "oracle of Time" that is guiding duncan away from the "net", which has suddenly taken on physical proportions and can seemingly "trap" you if you don't run away.

And yeah, BG being tortured? They'd just kill themselves instantly. That's exactly what frustrated the HM so much in heretics and chapterhouse.

What a load.