crates with stealth option

AMIgaBot

This topic is so fascinating, I think it's HIGH time to discuss the stealth ability crate. I love this topic :D

- First of all, findin' a stealth ability-crate is a VERY rare occassion. The most frequent thing y'find in a crate is money. The second most usual thing is explosives. Oh no! My Trike, my beautiful Trike! It's ruined!  :O Anyway, the stealth ability-crate is a very rare occassion, and y'need a bucket o'luck to obtain one. It's unimaginibly annoying, when an enemy Harvester picks up one, and it disappears from the battlefield, so y'cannot finish the game unless you train tons of Light infantry, Fremen, Sardaukar or anythin' else, and try to track the invisible Harvester down. This might be a frequent happening, when playin' 'gainst human opponents.

- Do NOT forget that the stealth ability-crate will effect ALL units around! So this means that if y'have 8 units surrondin' the crate, ALL of them will have stealth ability. That's 8 vehicles total, or 40 infantry units (!!!), if you're lucky, and the crate contains stealth ability, not explosives or map reshroud (very annoyin'!)

- If y'insist to change some of your units to stealth units, y'better choose ones, which will be useful as stealth units! So turnin' many Trikes (1 Trike is okay), Quads, and Combat tanks is less effective, while obtainin' stealthy Harvesters, Missile tanks, Deviators, Devastators, Sonic tanks, or even Siege tanks is much more useful. Using your stealthy army to create lethal unexpected strikes on enemy harvesters, on enemy bases...this cannot be ward off easily, trust me. It's also very useful to have tons of stealth Engineers, Saboteurs, or Sardaukar...or even Troopers. Light infantry is less useful (it's somewhat useful 'gainst enemy Sardaukar, Fremen or Saboteurs though).

- Pickin' up crates wit' stealthy units, such as Fremen or Stealth Raiders is a dumb thing to do.

- Turnin' an MCV to stealthy MCV is also a dumb thing to do. Y'won't get stealthy Construction yard by doin' this.

- There is a small weakness for stealthy units which y'might want to know: The attacking delay. When a stealthy units become visible, it actually requires a half second, before it starts shootin'. Y'shall witness this thing, when y'use a Stealth Raider to chase an enemy Trike or Quad. So this means that all stealthy units will have a small delay before they attack.

- Missile tanks and Deviators - y'shall witness this - need more time to re-cloak themselves just after they shot. It might give enough time for some enemy units to turn it to scrap metal. Be careful when turnin' Missile tanks and Deviators to stealthy units!

- Stealth units' another weakness is the hiding. It's actually a side effect of the stealth ability: The unit won't fire on any enemy units or structures, until it gets discovered, or gets wounded. So if you're using your stealth units with regular forces, it's a total waste of their ability. It's good to trick the opponent while he is fightin' wit' your forces on the battlefield, you attack his base, and destroy the most important facilities.

- Stealthy Engineers are always fine, like stealthy Saboteurs. The opponent must be a real strategy devil to stop them!

- There is a small weakness for stealthy units which y'might want to know: The attacking delay. When a stealthy units become visible, it actually requires a half second, before it starts shootin'. Y'shall witness this thing, when y'use a Stealth Raider to chase an enemy Trike or Quad. So this means that all stealthy units will have a small delay before they attack.

This is most surely the main downside of stealth ability. Hence, most useful units to have stleath are those that are fast-moving and have decent firepower (like the Stealth Tenk from C&C).

i picked many stealth crates with devastators and in total  42 stealth devastators, 

i dont use trike or raider to pickup crate,  first cells around crate fills infantry, then trikes or raiders and devastators..i do i like raiders as they looks cool i know they are weak but in group more than 200 can easily destroy one ai base.

information:

when ai have no space in main base and you put some mcv around on other rock, and when he deviate them, he start to make second base.

42 stealthy Devastators? It was more than 5 stealth ability-crates! I bet it was a very long, and bloody battle! What was the casualty count, do y'remember?

Raiders are far better than Trikes, in every aspect. Every time I have an Ordos opponent, I always secure its High-Tech facility and Light factory to obtain some Raiders and Stealth Raiders for myself :D

Too bad the AI is too dumb to set up a new base by itself somewhere else. But it's good that he can use an MCV! :)

• 2 years later...

If you are playng multiplayer online, and you are ordos, chances are you are good at it. And of you are good at ordos, you SHOULD master the sabuteur. SO, a truly good ordos player will not try to get stealth sabuteurs. its just a waste. You will waste more time trying to get a stealth sabuteur to get an inner building, then you would to just amass an attack force.I prefer steath deviators actually. Just saying

• 6 months later...

worms still eat stealth harvesters...but i am scientist and i can do many tests....i made raiders more peaceful,.they have missile tank secondary gun (napalm)to burn infantrY and devastator device (fast cheap mobile devastator) but i cant figure out how to make more starting units and crates in practice..

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

pick crate with 20 engineers and send them to enemy base avoid turrets and infantry and capture anything and sell

works on humans perfectly as they dont have infantry on all sides

Crates are only of use on low tech games like tech 1 where you only have infantry

Then a seige tank from a crate is a very valuable unit :)