Regulary - in between - test builds?

stefanhendriks

I read that some people would like 'daily builds'. So 'in between' versions of DEMO 3 - DEMO 4.

I could do that, but that would simply mean i upload an exe file (zipped) here. If enough people care to test out these new versions i would take the trouble of uploading this to this very post and keep it updated. Only if enough response is gathered ofcourse.

So, what will it be? ;)

It depends. I don't use my computer for gaming purposes on weekdays. It would be more troublesome, and you might get bugs fixed quicker too.

How frequently do you work on D2TM? How much time is spent? If significant changes are made very quickly, it would be more worth it.

Hi stefan :)

i was the one who humbly asked for nightlies for about a week ago.. tho, when i asked, i didnt know that you would be putting demo3 out so soon after demo2.

i was thinking, that it would be a pitty if there was several months between new versions, and therefore a nightly og weekly build would come in handy.

if there is more than a month to the next release, i would gladly test a weekly build. i dont have enough time infront of my computer everyday tho..

my two cents :)

ps. stefan, very nice work.

I actually don't see much sense in doing weekly builds. IMHO, it's better to go through some more global stages of development and then seek out major bugs that could occur. However, I hope that at some point new builds will be released as patches instead of downloading the whole package each time a new version pops out ::)

• 6 months later...

Well, coming to think about it, you are now able to get the VERY latest version every day you check out the source and get it compiling. Basicly its easy to do , i made a HOW-TO document , so this should help you get the latest version, and even... you can change code (ie you can cheat, give yourself unlimitied amount of money, or whatever). :)