Editing rules.txt

Xano

This is a question I have and I hope I am right... Is it wrong or illegal to edit the rules.txt and use it online? Like all the mods out there are edited stuff, including the rules.txt, right? So there is no problem right? We can even download mods and a rules.txt to edit in here so there is no point in being wrong...

Im making this question cause someone asked me this.

Well, I dont see things that way.  :) Like in many other games you can make changes cause you bought the game and these changes are not illegal. You are not making money with the mods... you re just creating other type of fun that already is available in the game. So I guess its no big deal. I remember playing Medal of Honor and there were MANY thousands of players online and maybe hundreds of mods... and there was never a problem or advise from the company. Now Emperor never had thousands of players online... Even if there was a problem, where is Westwood and any support for the game!?  :D

There is no problem. Just check the download section and you will see how many mods this game has... lol

Some servers detect changes in files (cheats)and these are blocked so they cant enter server; but the servers never block users that use mods cause some servers are created to different types of games. In the Emperor case you can always use mod because you dont have either ranked servers and even if you did the mods are not cheats and besides that, as I said before and Erjin as well

"Most changes will not work online though. As in with other players who do not have the same changes. Must be consistant."

Everyone who is playing with you must have the same mod, if not the game crashes.  :)