Struggling to get online? looking for rotorz connect?

JesusSatan

• 2 weeks later...

:) Make sure if you have windows XP, that you run dune2000 under the compatible mode windows 95 or windows 98. To check this: right click the dune icon on your desktop and click on the tab properties. Then go to the tab compatible. Here you can see or change the compatible mode. Make sure its on windows 95 or windows 98 then save the changes.

Stats are not working anymore since 2007

If you want to use rotorz for the stats. Disable the "force all players" in the options menu of the fox rotorz connection. can be found at http://dune.kicks-ass.net/D2K/

Thanks to JesusSatan, rotorz and Jeroen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Text from fox4play for opening up ports.

In order to open any ports, I would suggest doing so through your router instead of through your software. "Windows firewall" To do this, you will have to go to Start, Run, Type in Command "win 95/98/me" or CMD "windows xp/2000". Once you get a command prompt open, Type Ipconfig /all "space inbetween Ipconfig and /all. Once it displays your current IP configuration you will have to look for the GATEWAY ip. This is the IP to your router. In an Internet Browser, type the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx number into the brower. It will then come up with a Login window. If you havent already set a password for the router. You can try any one of these.

1. Username - Admin  Password - admin

2. Username - Admin  Password - "blank"

3. Username - Admin  Password - 1234

9 times out of 10 one of these will work

Once you get into your router. Simply look for a type of "firewall settings" page and fill out the form to properly open your ports. Now If you are too much of a newb to handle the rest of this, I suggest you write me an email for the rest of the information. The reason I have to do it this way, is because all routers/firewalls are different, thus, I can't explain EXACTLY how to set it up without looking at a screen-shot of the firewall settings. I hope this has helped anyone that has been having problems opening ports on a router.

FoX4Play

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello, i have probably the same problem.

I downloaded the 2 files rotorzconnect86.zip and rotorzconnect.exe.

When i run the setup in the archive rotorzconnect86.zip i get the message:

"Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like setup to update these files for you now. You will need to restart Windows before you can run setup again. Click cancel to exit setup without updating system files."

I clicked OK and another message appears, i clicked again on OK and my system reboots.

When rebooted i run setup.exe again, but the same message appears :(

I have deactivated my firewall before i have executed setup.exe.

I am running Windows 2000.

Can anybody help?

Best Regards

Lotion

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

I really would like to play it online, but what's the deal with registering an username since I can't connect the westwood services? Do I even have to create an username or what? If I could get this working, a couple of my friends would absolutely join the fun. Can't fun that razorcrzx and can't connect westwood. What else there is to do? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In fact, it could be. Since it is hard to get online without any help or tools, and since it is a game from 1998, it is almost 10 years old.

It would be nice if there was an easy way to just play the game and get online without struggle. Perhaps someone can host a server , make it public, and perhaps some people get online.

Also, the game is not sold anymore (not from here anwyay) so new players are not coming in. Besides that, it uses old technology (ie, 640x400 resolution which looks ugly on big screens).

I love the game, but until the above obstacles are tackled, it won't be suprising to see that nobody is online.

I wont be able to play, no internet connection at home. Besides that, i lack time. Need to finish a project at work, and some at home as well. If someone can pay me my monthly salary , so i can quit my job, i can play some games, finish up the projects sooner, etc etc.

But i guess no-one will do that. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...