State of the Union 2006

So how did you like the speach? Mmh...

I think Bush put forward some positive things this time, not necessarily something that the government will follow, but for example alternative energy sources, education and healthcare.

On the other hand, I think he messed up other things. From what I understood, he clearly said that America is the last hope of freedom of the world, and that if America falls, so will freedom. This is simply not true. Europe is far more liberal than the US. He also pointed out that isolationism is bad - but what if people of a certain country chose that path? He also gave far too much credit to US troops in World War 2 - not that it was bad - but saying that the US liberated all of Europe all by itself is nonsense. They wouldn't lift a finger if it weren't for Japan's attack on Pearl Harbour.

What's more - I got the impression that Bush somehow turned his back on Iraq. The US is the world's biggest proponent of free trade. They believe that this trade creates democracy and peace. Iraq basically lives on oil, and with Bush saying they're going to seek alternative energy sources seems to be showing the finger to the export of Iraqi oil. Though, alternative sources is a positive point, plus that Iraq can trade with China and India - which in turn produces more greenhouse gasses.

That's my two cents...

I liked the part where he expertly talks about 'manimals' and human-animal hybrid monsters. Ironic since he looks so much liek a monkey.

Hehehe... yeah, I remember that part too. And where the hell did he get the idea of scientists making humans-animal hybrids? Specially when it came from a president, I mean. And since he talked so much about helping and curing sick people (with AIDS for example), it obviously never crossed his mind that cloning may help those people one day...

Figures... But as the scientist on the link said, if Bush's anti-science rethoric is going to become reality, then some other country will progress - because those scientists will move to another country. For one, Sweden, Japan and South Korea are leading countries (I believe) in the biological field.