rpg's !!!

Harkdawg

Guys i jus played Fable: The lost chapters (thnx to shiroko for hes top games of 05 list cos thats where i found it) , the game was amazing, i absolutaley loved it. Good story, good gameplay system. Grade A+

I installed on the evening of the day before yesterday and i woke up yesterday and played it whole day until i beat it.

Much like my question for rts's i want to know if there is any other cool, hidden gems, rpg's out there ?

Ive played morrowind, fable, gothic 2, but nothing else for 3d rpg's

I know Oblivion and Gothic 3 are coming later along the year . And obviously im not talking about MMO's like WoW etc. Just nice single player ones.

RPS's I liked the most and I spent more time with were Ultima IX: Ascention and Morrowind - especially the first one. I like a lot Ultima, I' ve played some of the previous editions too.

I've also played Planescape Torment and Neverwinter nights, however from all these I' ve finished only Ultima 9.

Hark

My favorite RPG i ever played i cant recall the name but it was late 90's

and im kicking my own ass cuz thinking back I would love to have it again.

story was you were a normal man in the city (todays time line)

haunted by dreams that 4 evil spirits were posesing ppl. so you had to kill them. but in doing so you were breaking the law and cops were trying to kill you.

there was a book that came with it  called

Diary of a madman.

and it was always raining in the game.

The guy could never sleep as he was slowly losing his mind

the game was DREAM??? something

Neverwinter Nights, perhaps to some degree Bloodlines (Vampire: the Masquerade, Bloodlines), Knights of the Old Republic I and II... Though if you're going to insist on

no friggin AXES,BOWS and SWORDS ... Miniguns, tanks, lazers - all that stuff
then once again, I won't be able to help you.

Fable was awsome, I just beat the lost chapters today, I beat the first x-box version awhile ago. But I felt like this one had alot more depth to it..

Nothing like maxed out Devine Fury, maxed out evil devine fury thingy, maxed out time freeze and lightning. I was kicking ass hardcore.

Anyone know if there was a "plate helmet"? The best I could find was chainmail.

i enjoy being warrior, i maxed out physique (pulled out the sword from the stone) and Multistrike , that owned big time, nice hack n slash :) btw im almost through playing it 2nd time aswell, went Evil this time and did lots of things diffrent.

Yea, i also found chainmail, no plate.

Heres a hint..

When oakvale becomes open to you, buy all the emeralds they have (make sure you get by maxium) then sell him back to him (sell all) You get a nice profit, the higher your trading skill the more money you make. When bowerstown north becomes open you can make alot more cash with the diamonds.

I finished with 215,690 gold, full plate armor, solus sword, full augmentations and all that stuff..

Anyone else disturbed by the brothal part of the game? I'm not complaining it's just...ahem...weird.

You get to kill Thunder in The Lost Chapters? I recall that was impossible in the original Fable.

My last character in Fable was an evil warrior/mage. I gave physical shield a try, wich prevents any damage done to you. But here's where it gets lame: it also prevents your combat multiplier from going down! At first it was awesome, but it got waaaay to easy, and Fable is a pretty easy game to begin with. I quit before even going to the arena.

1. Fallout 1 & 2

Well - this is about lasers and miniguns and such. The whole world has been ruined by a huge nuclear war. Both games have good story lines.

2. Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura

An RPG set on a world currently in the midst of an industrial revolution, where the first Zeppelin has jus been launched and subsequently gunned down. Characters can learn magic or technical schematics to make different items such as guns and swords. The major drawback in the game is Troika's famous  "Lots of Bugs" feature.

Fable was awsome, I just beat the lost chapters today, I beat the first x-box version awhile ago. But I felt like this one had alot more depth to it..

Nothing like maxed out Devine Fury, maxed out evil devine fury thingy, maxed out time freeze and lightning. I was kicking ass hardcore.

Anyone know if there was a "plate helmet"? The best I could find was chainmail.

wHICH fable, THE LATEST ONE OR THE ORIGINAL THAT WAS LIKE THE kINGS QUEST FROM sIERRA