Error message to get on WW online

foxnerd

i just re-installed everything on my computer. i went to go online to play Dune2000 and it did something strange. i already have both patches downloaded but it still doesnt work. the problem happens when i go to the menu screen and click internet, it brings me back to windows and has a big black spot in the screen. the error message says, " SetupChat    gpChat is Null CoCreateInstance failed REGDB_E_CLASS_NOTREG-class not registered {gGameTicks=0}

p.s. this is the first time this has happened to me, so if anyone has seen the same thing pliz respond to this thanx :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yeahh capt i have tried everything dude.... i removed it and then reinstalled... that didnt work... then i reformatted my whole computer that didnt work.. .then i did a scandisk check and defrag and taht didnt workk. i have no clue what is wrong.. :(

Mann,... i cant even get there.. lol.. i keep getting an explorer message thingy.. you konw those ellegal opperations messages.. lol so who knows. i am about to throw my comuter out the damn window i am so fed up with this piece of crap.. :( jeeze... i am gonna get a new one.. i just hava to beg my dad to do it.. lol..

Guest Maximus

iv had dune 2000 for a very long long time, but i never tried to play it online, so a few days ago i did try and i get that exact same error dude =( i tried everything in my right mind to fix it still nothing if you get that fixed icq or email me pleaseeeeeeee

claytongarred@hotmail.com icq#=52586883

i really really really really want to play but that error is anoying god damn

Actually i am still having the problem Gobalopper, but i havent got Emperor yet.. it is in the mail... it should be here in like 2 or 3 days.. i am guesssing.. but as MoiDib was saying.. i probably cant play Emperor because my computer sux.. so yeah.. :(

Guest maximus

i returned emperor to the store where i got it cause it wouldnt run on my comp

the files didnt fix the problem either

my comps a 233 mhz

64 meg ram

voodoo 3 2000 pci

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem, can play offline no problem, but once I try to go on-line I get the black rectangle top left corner, 'Setupchat' button on the bottom Microsoft 'Start' line.

I had been on-line for some time, went to connect the next day and was advised I needed to accept an upgrade which I did.  Since then I have had this problem.  Totally fed up with it, have been stopped playing for 6 or more months - thought I would try again, but still no joy.  As any bright person come up with the answer yet?  

Hi Guys , As far as I can find out (Having same Co_Create Problem)..  Having downloaded and Installed Westwoods CURENT Online Software.. We're just OUTA LUCK for Multi-Player I-Net games... They have Ceased Support for ALL Online games But Monopoly ,  and two others..

I have been trying to talk them into releasing a "HOST-Server" Package for the people who LOVE the game.. Told them..  "Would make more sense to make customers Happy , Than Alienate them"..  Guess Only time will tell on that one tho.

<Steve>

• 4 weeks later...

What do you mean having same co create problem?

Looking at the ranking table it appears that people are still playing on-line.  If this is the case why do we need a separate server?

Someone must know how to solve the problem

I have noted they Westwood donot give support but it looks like they must be still be operating the server

I have now got emperor - cannot get on-line with this.