Electric shavers

Vanguard3000

My face hurts.

I want to try using an electric shaver instead of a razer, but at > $50 a pop for a decent one, I want to make sure I get something that isn't going to eat my face.

So which is better, the shavers with the three round blades, or the ones with the... uh... the other kind?

You mean electric shavers with the 3 round things you see in commercials (you made me think you meant the 3 blades mach 3 thing)?

I Dunno. I havn't used electric. I would think a good one would cost $100.

Friend has an electric says he loves it, so quick to use.

Some $4.99 gillete 2 blade are good enough for me :D

You will get a better shave with a good quality razor blade. Electric thing is only for speed/convenience.

I'm slow and lazy, so fast and convenient is a good thing for me.Ā  Also, a regular razor seems to give me mad razorburn, even with gel and stuff.

My choices at XS Cargo (they sell overstock items at lower prices) are the Remington titanium microscreen ultra (a foil shaver), and it's rotary counterpart.

But I find the shave from an electric shaver isnt as nice (feeling) as a real blade. With a electric razor, you can get irritation, at least I do, from the heat it generates, and the fact that it doesnt shave as close as a real blade.

I think Philishave are meant to be the best of the electric ones (I have a cheap one).

Oh, I shave my head, but I have grown my beard :P Do I count as a real man ?Ā  ;)

Dude, why not get a cheap electric, see if you like it and then get a nice expensive one if you do. Personally I doubt you will if its because the blade causes irritation. As you can see, most people here dont prefer electric razors over blades except for convenience (time/location).

I've had both types, and the three headed round thingy one was better, but still a real razor is so much better than either of them.Ā  I've been using the mach 3 power for about a year now and it is by far my favourite.

But, having met you, I have to wonder....

What do you need a razor for, babyface?

I had an electric one once... was very expensive and had good reviews and stuff...

it was okay - BUT: it never managed to make such a smooth shave like a good mach3 razorblade.

that's why I sold it after a monthĀ  ::)

...but then the thought of some man having a ultra sharp blade to your throat makes me feel a little uneasyĀ  :-

but you DO like that in bed, don't you...?

as much as the handcuff thing and the whip...Ā  ;)

@ rest of the forum: don't ask how I know about this ;D

Actually, I prefer to know the man before we get to the blade thing, its strangers I dont like doing that...and I prefer the handcuffs and whip anyday... ;)

Anyway, lets not go there.

So what you going to buy Vandude, or have you already brought it ?