The emp playerz since 2001

Schorpie

Actually is was from being misspelled..

1. pwned 

A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.

"Man, I rock at my job, but I still got a bad evaluation. I was pwned."

OR

"That team totally pwned us."

Although it's still debated I guess..

HISTORY:

Contrary to popular belief, "pwned" did not originate in Warcraft. A top Quake player mispelled "owned" and the term quickly spread to less players and eventually to nearly the entire population of online gamers. The word is usually used in online FPS and RTS games.

But I think we can all agree on a single meaning:

The past tense of the word "pwn," which means "to kick the ass of (an opponent)."  ; 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Who is in your opinion the best emperor player ever?  Without a doubt in my mind, D3k - there was the greatest Atreides player of all time.

The coolest player u've ever met?  I couldn't honestly say. I enjoyed training/playing with a lot of people. Few names to mention are desertway, kalony, darkrul3r, doom, and some I'm forgetting.

Your best teammate??  Doom, most likey. Tag-team Atreides ownage.

The biggest noob?  I've been here since the start - way too many to mention. 

And the best players of the last few months/years?  Harkdawg most likely considering he's been around since the beginning.

the best person that you won from (while he was playing serious)?  Brennq probably.

the stupiest emperor player ??  Youko, LoL.

biggest cheater/whiner.. ?  Playerap, God I hated that bastard.

Other names to mention are good friends I'm simply forgetting, so sorry if you weren't up there.

lol dang buddy...didnt know u hated me.

• 4 weeks later...

this is a thread that i like...old pals like des and nunu still remember my forgotton arse haha

well i might as well give a little back about when i used to play:

the best of the time that i played (about a year ago) was hands down mr jeff...and i will admit it despite our battles.  appo was also real good, and then people like spaze and sard always held their own no matter what.

cool people...too many: des and nunu were always my favorite pals online, leo was pretty gay too, slaphapy, kalony, darkd3th, alchemi, ra, scar, and many other cool guys as well

biggest noob/stupidest emp player/whiner: agreed by all==>youk

ive had some pretty big wins while playing, but im not gonna brag or start a fight cause many of them were in team games where an opponent could possibly blame in on their teammate, or make some other excuse.  i never really enjoyed 1v1 either so idk if i beat anyone that great in a solo battle.

best teammate: me and des kicked some butt and worked well together, cbrick always was a good teammate, and all of the other good players were too...those i didnt have to worry about in team games know who they r

lastly, i just wanna thank vilgent for his help when i first started playing (probably wouldve quit after being destroyed so many times if it wasnt for him), and skumclam and sendakon were always offering help back then too

well im out for now...hoping to play a game or two with my new computer now that im officially not the "lord or lag"

nunu...i think i predated most of the people online now as i got the game when it first came out probably about 4 years ago (not sure if math is correct); i just only played with two or three friends of mine online and did the missions, never played ladder or anything

only about two summers ago was when i started playing again online and played for a while, making friends like u who was already there...so i guess in a way u did pre-date me

i pre-ordered it on a website and paid 45 bucks for it !!! I remember playing before the 1.09 patch when drones were so overpowered and so fast only a hark gun turret or a sard elite could kill them.

And people like Dk3Dragon took much advantage over that.... so keep that in mind when people list old champions.... the old boys had it easier back in the day.

I feel sorry for the noobs nowadays.... they didnt get to enjoy all the units and maps of the game like we oldies did... newbies are now thrust straight into 10k fishers =)   They never got the chance to experience the other maps/sets (even tho the other maps suck ...but hey they are fun when you are a noob)

I played the game when I first started, without realising there was a 1.09 patch, and got used to superfast drones, so was a bit perplexed when my drones now started to die when charging over bases. I soon realised what it was, the patch had fixed the "bug".

Sd, i only played against some of the names you mentioned, vilgent for one I never played with when I started (recently played a few when he came back for a bit).

Thats why I said you predated me...

I got my copy second hand from ebay, brought about 4 copies for various people including myself. Min price was

i pre-ordered it on a website and paid 45 bucks for it !!! I remember playing before the 1.09 patch when drones were so overpowered and so fast only a hark gun turret or a sard elite could kill them.

And people like Dk3Dragon took much advantage over that.... so keep that in mind when people list old champions.... the old boys had it easier back in the day.

I feel sorry for the noobs nowadays.... they didnt get to enjoy all the units and maps of the game like we oldies did... newbies are now thrust straight into 10k fishers =)   They never got the chance to experience the other maps/sets (even tho the other maps suck ...but hey they are fun when you are a noob)

/agreed

It is now impossible to play the same games as back in that games. Even if you play back the other sets... we all use now 'the best' build order and there aren't any n00bs playing anymore. The 'less good' strategies and the 'less good' subhouses aren't used that much anymore. You nearly see things as ix or guild rush anymore. (although I hated them at the moment himself  ;))

A good example: I learned my buddy dread680 how to play emp, he played allot later than me. I played much 2v2's with him 10k fisher's plain, he played OK. But once the enemy builded many.. many.. projecters. He just didn't know what to do... he got totally owned by projecters although projecters suck big time if you know how to fight them. He was only used to the normal battles with buzz, inf, sardaukar etc

/agreed

He just didn't know what to do... he got totally owned by projecters although projecters suck big time if you know how to fight them. He was only used to the normal battles with buzz, inf, sardaukar etc

well he just lost becuz he didnt know the game mechanics.  He didnt know that feds or scouts can make the projections disappear or that if you destroy the projector then all the projections disappear.  That was just ignorance of game mechanics on his part.  So that was more mechanics than it was strategy.

But that brings up another good point... that people like Dk3 took advantage of people's ignorance back in the day. He would probably only be average if he came back today. The only real oldie to come back and play in current setts is Hardawg.  And i have heard the stories of what happened to him as well as witnessed some of it myself.  He was truly shellshocked when he came back to the game, but of course he adapted to the newer strategies and of course he can hang.  But one game i remember that Harkdawg was my ally and was atr and spazelord dev rushed him hard and killed him like in the first 2 minutes of play.  I was like wtf.  But the dev rush is a pretty harsh strategy.  Almost as bad as guild.  Then Harkdawg and i went old school guild rush and killed spaze and his ally fast and hard.  So while the oldies may have some ancient tricks up their sleeves... the newer players do have the lethal strategies refined and can shock even the greatest oldies at time.

So when people say "DK3 greatest of all time" they should really say "DK3 greatest in his time"

• 2 weeks later...