need help!!!! downloading dune free and or playing

pietrobalsano

I apolojize if I seem illiterit but sometimes I need things spelled out for me step by step. I just recently share the internet with my roommate, as of yesterday. We would darely like to play against each other. So could you possibly explain exactly what to do? I would truly appreciate it.  Thanks.  

Well you need to have IPX installed first. I don't know what OS you us but go into your network settings and add the IPX protocol. Then just start Dune 2000 with the CD on one computer and without on the other. If you set your network up correctly you should be able to see a game setup by the computer with the CD.

I do have LAN but we can't connect into each others computers......must be we're seet up wrong......when I load the cd and click on LAN it brings me to the game screen, but I am the only  one there.....he did likewise and got the same result.......so I figure we'd be better off playing on the internet seeing we can both be on at the sametime.......or how do I go about playing someone else on the internet?   Thanks for replying.

this is nerve racking.....I went to westwood online......tried everything to get to play dune and viewed a million web sites in the meantime......what the  $%^$^&%( am I doing wrong?.......I'm very close to giving up....but my obssession to play dune online has taken precedent over rational thinking......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...