New Dune 2 game

drackbolt

Although this idea has some merit, I think it's still better to have the diversity when each developer tries to incorporate their own, unique ideas in the project. For example, the innovations made by drackbolt, not to mention the unusual unit control system, make his version of "Dune" very different from D2TM or Dune Legacy. On the other hand, sharing experience among Dune "clone" makers is good. I think Stefan consulted drackbolt on some issues when the latter was developing his project.

Since Dune II is the "mother of all RTS", it is interesting to see how innovations grow from it when it comes to the "clones" (I prefer the term "remake" though).

Not necessarily. Anyway, we've strayed too far off-topic. Perhaps this part of the conversation should be done into a separate thread, maybe in the Dune Editing? Something to summarize information about Dune clones, complete with links and anything...

EDIT: BTW, there appears to be some cross-posting here. Maybe merge both threads into one? Preferably in the Dune Editing section.

• 1 year later...