Paul Muad'dib is BACK in Dune 7! Holy shinto! *CONFIRMED*

NeoDevilbane

It is now non-consequential production since long. But it is just so much in my face it's hard not to notice...

auto-reaction:

[me=Egeides]bangs his head on the table[/me]

At least it's divertisement, but with lies attached; hope it wont undermine Frank's work.

I did some thoughts about this...

If this Muaddib resurrection is in the notes of FH, in the end would be not so alike Frank to reshuffle the cards in a so unexpected way, and it sounds kind of a cyclic thing, that is FH like... but considering what FH could do with all that new universe "out there", i sincerely hardly believe he could trap himself in a boring new Muaddib novel (and sincerely i find Muaddib a little arrogant, a little stupid and a little COWARD :)).

That's my thought.

I'm very open to the ideas in Dune 7 and it kind of puzzles me how people are put off by them without even reading the context in which they're in... I mean, go ahead and get put off by BH/KJA's WRITING in the novels when they come out, not the ideas -- these are from the "detailed & expansive" Dune 7 outline from Frank. Frank did view Dune 7 as the "end" of the Dune saga... it makes sense that some things/characters might make a resurgence. That Paul and co. can come back is no more far-fetched than Duncan Idaho being gholaed for the umpteenth time.

Very eager to see the "hows" and "whys" of things, and, if nothing else, this promises to be a very un-boring read.

No, no, NO! NO!

Ye gods, have their brains been replaced with mashed pasta? Cockroach shells perhaps? ... *Sigh* I shall say this calmly.

There are no words in this language or any other to fully describe the utter contempt and loathing that I have for these people. Mere vocal noises are not enough to express the sheer rage that I feel upon hearing this. This repulsive mockery is foulness of the very worst order. For the sake of my blood pressure, I will cease now.

Yah, it is quite obvious that team atreides will own the machines or whatever.

I'll have to read Battle of Corrin sometime (I've owned it since it was released but never read it), then read the originals, and get the new books from the library. No way I am getting suckered into buying the new books Like I did with Jihad series.

I think this news gives Mentat_one and his Dune 7 spoilers more credibility.

There are no words in this language or any other to fully describe the utter contempt and loathing that I have for these people. Mere vocal noises are not enough to express the sheer rage that I feel upon hearing this. This repulsive mockery is foulness of the very worst order. For the sake of my blood pressure, I will cease now

Ahaha :)

In some degrees i'm waiting to read the book, and if it goes like i think i'll say such things that the tleilaxlu insectoid subvocal orders will be heard as canonical plain english :D

What a bastardization of Frank's story. But I mean, Paul'n Thufir, come on now, to some degree (even in the most shallow stereotypical way) team Atreides = pwnage.

Bastardization of Frank's story? You do realize, since you haven't read the novel yet, you've just read about a couple of events from the *outline written by Frank Herbert himself*, right?

Bastardization of Frank's story? You do realize, since you haven't read the novel yet, you've just about a couple of events from the *outline written by Frank Herbert himself*, right?

Have you read "Road to Dune"?

That contained a BH/KJA interpretation of a Frank Herbert outline too.  Didn't read much like FH's final product.

Just because something is in some random outline does not meant it was ever meant to be in the finished project, something Spice World and allt he excized chapters found in Road to Dune inadvertantly proved.

That is, if there was any big outline at all.

Are you Brian Herbert trying to convince us the outline was from his father? I am put off by these ideas because I find them stupid and I don't believe they come from Frank Herbert. Granted, cycles are not unlike him. However, even assuming he intended to write Dune 7 and bring Paul back (after all he does mention that Scytale carries Paul's cells in the capsule, leaving that possibility open), I do not believe his idea was what is presented.

You believe there was a detailed outline put in a bank safe box because Kevin and Brian said it? Of course, why on earth would they lie about it?

For me the last Dune book had the perfect ending, full of interpretations: the refugges fles into oblivion, towards the future carrying the past with them.

And yes, the Tlailaxu were obsessed with collecting cells, and the Tleilaxu Master they had with them had a recepient with all these characters' cells.

Are you Brian Herbert trying to convince us the outline was from his father? I am put off by these ideas because I find them stupid and I don't believe they come from Frank Herbert. Granted, cycles are not unlike him. However, even assuming he intended to write Dune 7 and bring Paul back (after all he does mention that Scytale carries Paul's cells in the capsule, leaving that possibility open), I do not believe his idea was what is presented.

You believe there was a detailed outline put in a bank safe box because Kevin and Brian said it? Of course, why on earth would they lie about it?

Do I believe what Brian Herbert said, or that a son is lying about his dead father's work? I believe what Brian Herbert said, thanks. He may not be as great of an author as his father, but he's not inhuman.

Hopefully. I don't know... I considered the last book a good ending to the series. A misterious finnaly. The ending is open, your imagination can go wild about what would happend next, but with such a detailed ending... where scores are settled once and for all... there's no more romantism.

I too would like people to note that it was Frank Herbert himself who wrote about our Tleilaxu friend with his tube full of "Team Atreides, **** yeah!" cells. I'd like them to be a bit more conservative in using said cells, but the general concept if Franks'.

One thing I would contemplate is whether or not the outline was anywhere near the finished product. Having an outline lets you look at the general outlook, but as I would assume Frank Herbert thinks a lot about every plot item and how it fits in with the small and large picture. With what is happening here, I think Brian Herbert et al are not thinking it through as much as Frank would've done. They see it in the outline, but feverishly throw it into the plot without contemplating the consequences. That's how I see it, anyhow.

I too would like people to note that it was Frank Herbert himself who wrote about our Tleilaxu friend with his tube full of "Team Atreides, **** yeah!" cells. I'd like them to be a bit more conservative in using said cells, but the general concept if Franks'.

Not only did the Tleilaxu collect the cells of various persona, but they are also said to have created a Kwisatz Haderach of their own once (Dune Messiah). However, I don't really think this alone is enough to assume that Frank Herbert's concept was to overflow the Duneiverse with Paul Muad'dib's gholas.

Scytale, however, would definately play a role in the forming of the new society the refugees on the no-ship would build. Or maybe not: who knows what would the majority vote be? In a way, Tleilaxu methods are immoral, and some can be quite disgusted to reject them. And resurrecting Paul... What for? What use does prescience have in terraforming a planet? A workforce consisting entirely of Paul gholas? Ridiculous.