Extracting music from Halo.

Procyon

Can't help you there. I forgot where I downloaded them from.  :- Anyway, BitTorrent is a essentially a P2P service, but a better title would be this: 10P2P. What that means is thise: For example, you want to download a game. You download(regularly) the .torrent file of the game, and then open it in BitTorrent or a Bittorent client like BitComet. If there are a lot of "seeders", people who already have downloaded the game and are distributing it to others, youļl be able to download it pretty fast. Anyway, better check http://www.bittorent.com/

PS: It is MUCh safer than Kazaa and the like.

• 3 weeks later...

Downloading music from a game he already owns is alot different than extracting music from the game to listen to.

Secondly, downloading games/music/ect IS warez. You compared to Kazaa, which I know for a fact IS warez, along with Napster, Limewire, Ares, whatever.

You are talking about the service. P2P is not illegal. The act of sharing copyrighted material is. Downloading an official soundtrack CD of Halo for example would be illegal, but if someone had extracted the music from the game, zipped it up, and then made the torrent available to owners of the original game, that would not be illegal. Kazaa/eMule/Napster are not 'warez' in theirselves, the actual files available through the services can be however.

To be technical, downloading the music is illegal, since it is a separate retail product that he has not bought. And I've searched before, there is probably not a download of "extracted" music files, since the soundtrack is already available. Also, in the EULA, does it state that you have permission to extract the music from the game?

Rebirth. The p2p services are not warez. Downloading the music is probably not going to be legal, but the services are not warez. How hard is it to know what warez is ?  >:(

I was pertaining to the fact that most of the music/games/movies/whatever on these programs ARE warez. Stuff that you don't already own and you are getting for free. Such as going in and download music that is seperate than that of the retail product, like Acriku said.

Exactly! That's what I said.

How many forum members does it take to screw in a light bulb? Who fucking cares, THEY ARE ALL BLIND. Well, some.

You are an idiot.

You're the dumbfuck who dragged this on way more than it needed to be. Maybe if you phrased your post better in the first place you might have been understood better.

You're right Kiyouta, I'm sick of dumb posts like that, that confuse everyone and piss people off  >:(

You're the dumbfuck who dragged this on way more than it needed to be. Maybe if you phrased your post better in the first place you might have been understood better.

Maybe you should have had a more open-mind. I can tell you are quite the person from your posts.

Why argue over definitions? Take this to the General or the Philosophy forum!

Yeah, really. Kiyouta should have just pointed out my mistake and it could have been 

over. This website isn't as good as it used to be.

- Bryo

Edit: On a side note, what is 'Mordor' in your signature, Gunner? It looks interesting.

Edit2: End this.

I was pertaining to the fact that most of the music/games/movies/whatever on these programs ARE warez. Stuff that you don't already own and you are getting for free. Such as going in and download music that is seperate than that of the retail product, like Acriku said.

yeah, thats warez. But thats not what you said. If you meant different, thats cool, but I cant tell your meaning if you say something else. thats all I can say.

yeah, thats warez. But thats not what you said. If you meant different, thats cool, but I cant tell your meaning if you say something else. thats all I can say.

Its cool. But try to have a more open mind, it is quite easy to understand what I meant.

On a side note, Merry Christmas!  :)

- Re